Future: Mobile world?

According to Eric Jackson, Google and Facebook might be gone completely in 5-8 years due to the reasons that the tech world is moving these days. In his article, he described the tech world as 3 generations: Web 1.0, web 2.0 and now mobile (from 2010-present, including Instagram). Since Google and Facebook can’t adapt to mobile world according to the failed history of Web1.0 companies adapting to the world of social, they might gone. In the software industry, it may not be the same, but it’s reasonable to think that those companies who invest more to their apps on mobile will be more successful. What do you think?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Google and Facebook can’t adapt to mobile world
    I don't get it. People access Google & Facebook through their smartphones and tablets.
    Why does he think that these services are not adapting to the mobile world?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    My best guess is that those companies will still be around and continue to be a major part of the whole Internet economy; but they won't have the 'glitter' they have today. Newer companies will take over in popularity; and that's the reason I guess companies are planning to cash-in.

What will survive for decades is the hardcore engineering companies like General Electric. I believe companies that control the hardware will control the future, indirectly.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Its theory according to Here's Why Google and Facebook Might Completely Disappear in the Next 5 Years
    Companies and website of web 1.0 era vanishes when web 2.0 came as they can't able to adopt to new version.Now after 2.0 its mobile era.
    here is some containt on which they are saying that Google and facebook will vanish:
    It’s a lot easier to start asking Siri for information instead of typing search terms into a box compared to thousands of enterprises ceasing to upgrade to the next version of Windows. Google’s 76% market share. Facebook’s 900 million monthly users. They just aren’t as sticky as they seem.
    I don't know if facebook will be there or not but I am quite sure google will be there. Android is penetraing the whole mobile market and thier latest innovation like Google Goggle, driver free car, they are not going to give up so soon.
    I think facebook might not be there because, if today facebook is not here orkut or my space would be here, I have seen that orkut was much more rich than Facebook.
    but google search, adsense, maps these are much more enrich than their competitors.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Anyone Using DipTrace for PCB Designing? Need to ask about some Libraries.
As engineers, we're used to log books for calculations. But Chennai based company Perspecte has named their product Logbook because it actually is a book for your operations management. The...
i am a student of b.tech computer science, i want to buy a laptop, main concern is low price,usefullness for whole course,speed and realiability of brand. so please suggest me...
hello everyone, i'm Davinder Kumar. I'm doing mechanical engg. nd now i'm in 3rd year.
Here are discussion about top colleges of India of M. Tech , admission and gate score