Future as PHP and .NET Dev?

Hello,

I've been freelancer web developer for like 2 years by now and .NET dev for like 3.5 years. Everywhere I tried to apply for a freelancer like PeoplePerHour or Freelancer.in I was rejected due to my age (17). So does anyone got any idea on what should I do next? I'm basically out of Ideas.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# , he's approx your age and awesome at PHP.
  • Mr. Goodie2Shoes
    Mr. Goodie2Shoes
    I started freelancing when I was 16. Started with oDesk and got about 3 jobs in a month (most of them were rejected not because of my age but because I didn't have any portfolio). Though I stopped doing my freelance works via those sites after that.

I currently create both paid and free add-on for XenForo (the software this forum is running on); get my clients via direct/manual contact (I am from Bangladesh and get my freelance jobs from local companies/firms); which is more than enough to keep me going for the time being. 😀

As far as I know the new comers do not get much exposure if they are not affiliated with a group or two.

So my suggestion will be to take some time and expand your contacts. There are quite a lot of local groups you can join. Once you make your own client base, you will be able to get work on your on in no time 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There are very few things car owners would rate worse than a faulty gearbox. Equipment failures, outages and long, expensive repairs often tag along a faulty gearbox, the most probable...
Was wondering why can't I like posts? or update my status?
Hi, My friend planning to open complete e commerce website for all kinds of IT products. I need details for how is market and how to start and how to...
Launching officially on December 4th exclusively via Flipkart, Lava Iris Win1 is a new smartphone from the Indian mobile handset company that's priced at Rs. 4,999. This is the company's...
just wondering what should an engineer brush up from class 8th - 12th if he is an electronics engineer?