Functional Dependency Preservation Problem

I have a problem regarding decomposition of a relation. Suppose i have a relation R(A,B,C,D) with functional dependencies A->B, B->C, C->D, D->A.

Now I have divided this in the following three relations :
R1(AB), R2(BC), R3(CD).

My question: Is the functional dependency preserved in this decomposition? If yes, then How?

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    No reply.....😔

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone, please help... https://images.elektroda.net/13_1295458754.png When i connect the circuit as the schematic above: the output is not changeable which means when I alter my Pot, the output remains the...
Tikona Digital Networks ready to acquire HCL Infinet. The deal is subject to approval by regulatory approvals. There’s no official word on the details of the acquisition and pricing. Harsh...
Hey guys!!!! Need some help about my report in Safety engineering about INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE. Can you share some knowledge or links about it???? Here are the topics that should be...
I have an Airtel Number and as MNP is launched nationwide, I received a message from Airtel Customer Care, "Airtel always provides superior customer services to you through 24X7 anytime,...
Hello everybody!!! 😉