function of memory in bios setup.

what is the function of memory in bios setup.

😁

Replies

• gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Which memory are you talking about?
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Which memory are you talking about?
    i think bios have some memory i want to know what is the function of that bios memory and what is the name of the memory.
    😁
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Yes there is a non volatile memory which stores the bios settings. I guess, it is called as flash memory (may be).
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Yes there is a non volatile memory which stores the bios settings. I guess, it is called as flash memory (may be).
    thank you gaurav.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    mohit007kumar00
    thank you gaurav.
    Hi mohit,
    As, Gaurav said it is true that it has non-volatile memory ie Flash memory or CMOS memory it is otherwise called as NVRAM.
    It holds the system settings.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    It was plain ROM to begin with, later improved onto PROM, then EPROM now shifting towards flash based memory as sushant mentioned. But EPROM still rules the market.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Softwares/Hardwares useful to learn: C, C++, MATLAB, VHDL, VERI LOG, DSP Processing, PSPICE, MOTOR PRO, SYSQUAKE, PSCAD, SIM POWER, KEIL, LABVIEW, Embedded systems, Micro controllers and Micro processors. The following...
Can anyone provide information about maze follower robot.The specification is,it must reach the destination in a short interval of time.😕
I Would like to present paper on networking.please suggest me any interesting topic friends.
Hi, i have BSC in communication and MSC in networking,last few years i have been busy with my children.Know I want to begin PHD in communication engineering i need your...
Can any one solve my conflict. Is it possible to convert 32 Bit memory into 16 Bit memory. If yes then how? Give me some ideas. correct me if i...