FRP crank shaft - suggestions required

Hi all
I am a part time entrepreneur focusing mainly on new products.
I came up with an idea of making crank shafts using FRP. I need forum help to decide whether it is feasible and useful. Please help me. Thanks to all.😁

Replies

• Elisa
    Elisa
    Are you seeking technical help or business help? If you want to know if the business is sustainable, you will have to provide us with market research analysis. Post your findings so that we all can discuss.
  • Newmanite
    Newmanite
    Firstly you need to supply a couple to the drag racing fraternity and dyno competitions.You would need for them to be proven in a field of peers and there is no better way to do that than in the mayhem of competition.Get your product out there and get it known.If it can handle massive power reputation will be the key...
  • jacselva
    jacselva
    I need technical help like type of fibre, resin and lay up procedures to be folfollowed so that I get the strength equal to steel. I have not done any market anlaysis. with my curiosity and own interest trying to replace the crank shaft of an old engine with FRP. At present I do not have any idea about going for a business with that. I need to know the viability of this project. If you can share your experience/knowledge it will be useful to me.
    Thanks for the reply😁
  • jacselva
    jacselva
    Yes, you are practical, but initially they may not take this risk. I decided to replace the crank shaft of an old engine with FRP, run the engine and anlyse the performance. I think it is worth a try.

Thanks for the reply.😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: Tian Engineering Trade: Electronic Engineering Location: Indonesia Occupation: College Student Work Experience: Part of research in transformator company Hobbies & Interests: Analog and digital electronics, microprocessor, microcontroller, Intel 8051,...
hi friends , here is another crazy man. i am a third year engg. student of electronics & comm. i want to make a good project . please suggest some...
HI EVERYONE This is my first post! For a research project, I want to look into 'Green manufacturing' which looks into better manufacturing processes to reduce the effect on the...
CEans, People who know me personally tell me that CE is wonderful. I believe CE is wonderful because of its members, the CEans! The quality of discussions that we have...
hello,crazy engineers! rock ur mind........!!!!!!!!!