from where we find the source code of softwares

hi friends any one know from where we get the source code of softtwares like vlc,window midia player, and other softwares....??????
๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    You can easily get the source code of open source software like VLC media player, Linux, etc from the software owner's website.

You cannot get source code of Windows media player because it is a proprietary software i.e. it is owned by Microsoft and they don't want to make the source public.

PS: Please don't leave a trail of dots or question marks in your post. It makes the post unreadable.
  • techworm
    techworm
    Source code of open source softwares can be seen by disassemblers like ollydbg and microsoft disassemblers,but they give the assembly language code.
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    gaurav.bhorkar
    You can easily get the source code of open source software like VLC media player, Linux, etc from the software owner's website.

You cannot get source code of Windows media player because it is a proprietary software i.e. it is owned by Microsoft and they don't want to make the source public.

PS: Please don't leave a trail of dots or question marks in your post. It makes the post unreadable.
    thanks gaurav,

can you give me the link from where we able to find source code in c or c++.

also thanks for guide me i think next time i don,t do such like mistake,s.
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Open source developers make available the source code in the language they use.

You can find VLC media player source code here -> VideoLAN developers - VLC media player - VideoLAN

Remember that open source software developers always make available the source code of their program. There are a whole lot of open source softwares, just google them and get their source from their respective websites.

You can search various open source software here -> #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is there any particular website where we can get the information about latest websites or domains registered? If I want to know more details about any website like creator or...
please can you help me or suggest a seminar topic for my m.tech.waiting for the reply
hello CEans... the topic which i am posting now is a group discussion rather than a debate.. so place your views on this.here it goes. we all know that all...
when i insert the pen drive in the port...and try to open it up the following error message pops up "the drive is not formatted",although it has some data in...
hi.. i am a 4th semester electronics and comm. student.. i m trying to start on a mini project... plz help me out by giving me some ideas regarding what...