Fresher 2010 passout. No Campus. How to get good job?

hello
i am computer science btech final year student.. this year no company come to visit our campus.. so i got no offer.. all of you please suggest ways how to get recruit , get a good job... share all your expierences(if any) about how you get offcampus job....

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I wonder what makes you start the same discussion multiple times. Look: #-Link-Snipped-#

How about providing an update on our suggestions? Have you worked on them?
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    For starters,

Improve your resume - #-Link-Snipped-#
    Sharpen your web presence to be that of a value creator.

Create a list of companies in which sector you wish to work for. I am not talking about the usual suspects (Infosys, TCS, Wipro, HCL, etc). I am talking about a list of companies which you would love to join. If you have no idea what I am talking about, then you have deeper problems that not having a job. Focus on what you can do, what you want to do and how are you planning to get there.

Go to each company's site and see if any employment opportunities exist. Seek people who are already working in this firm (LinkedIn is perfect for that). Seek an introduction and explain your predicament. I am sure many people would be more than happy to help.

Try start-ups for a change, they teach a lot more than they pay 😀
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    very nice suggestion kidakaka
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Try start-ups for a change, they teach a lot more than they pay :smile:
    Try this , this really helps!
    Since you will learn many things than people joining in big companies.
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Hello CEan,
    May be if you dont get a job and if you are interested in pursuing your higher education then try to get a Master's degree.If not then, attending off-campus is the best way.Get yourself updated with the off-campus placements that take place in and around your place and make your entry there.Also you can enrich yourself with more certification exams or certified courses that are offered at various centers and may be also try to get to know more foreign languages as they are a real plus to your career.Because as the days get tougher the knowledge that we have matters a lot that too in an off-campus placement you will definitely have a lot of competition.,so make yourself worthy to get a good job.All the BEST!!! 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Its being rumored that Google will announce Google TV (Called Smart TV) in next few hours at Google I/O. Google has partnered with SONY, INTEL & LOGITECH to launch new...
If you want an email attachment alternative, look at Droopy; a cool Python script that lets your receive large files from your friends by turning your computer into a mini-server....
hey people, I use mobile broadband internet . Though itouch access internet within a given wi-fi hotspot, I was wondering if I can make my itouch access internet through my...
i completed my b.tech in eee give suggestion for doing a particular job & their opertunities
I just got the news that Nagpur University engineering results have been declared. Congratulations to all the successful candidates, welcome to engineers club 😀