Frequency Counter - Need Help

Hi people,

I'm a student at MIT at the moment and I’m going to utilize the GPIO-24 – #-Link-Snipped-# produced by Diolan, Ltd. – as a part of my project. The adapter (or, to be more precise, the frequency counter) will be used to measure the speed of a vehicle.

The frequency counter should measure the frequency. I’ll use this value to calculate the speed and output it.

So, I want to use the input to somehow influence the output.

How can I do it?

Any advice is appreciated!!!

Replies

• relto
    relto
    Hello

Have you looked at DIOLAN description of the #-Link-Snipped-##-Link-Snipped-#?

I hope this will help you to get started.
  • atlas
    atlas
    Yes, I’ve read their description of freq module. I quite understand how it works.

The question is: how can I get the frequency value stored in freq counter to generate the speed?

Ideally, I want to do some math to the frequency and then output the calculated speed.
  • relto
    relto
    Use this command #-Link-Snipped-#. What’s the problem?
  • atlas
    atlas
    Good solution.

I send this command periodically to obtain the freq and calculate the speed.

Meanwhile, the problem is that: I want the freq counter notify me the exact moment when some fixed speed limit is exceeded.

How can realize that?
  • relto
    relto
    The usb gpio interface adapter gpio-24 supports event-driven interface. The frequency counter may notify you when your speed limits are reached. See here #-Link-Snipped-# and here #-Link-Snipped-#. This method is ok, assure you.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi :smile:....my mini project is ADVANCED REMOTE ROBOT😕...i dont hav proper theory for this...i want a brief explanation about this topic....can anybody suggest me for this?😒 its very urgent......please😔
am looking for summer training in any reputed IT sector companies like HCL. please help me................. i am 3rd yr btech sutdent and live in delhi
Computer Networking field is one of the hottest and demanding career field available today. It is purely a technical field with lots of opportunities. And the most important point is...
The main cause of usage of diesel as a fuel in CI engines is the AUTO IGNITION Temperature of diesel of 210 degree centigrade, but the same auto ignition temperature...
Hi all, here is the story and i can't decide this is legal or illegal, In my Workgroup i have 40 client(xp sp3 pro) and one server(win server2008), and i...