Free open source software

plz suggest me free open source softwares...
what actually these softwares are?
any softwares?
if any plz send me..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: free open source softwares

naznin
    any softwares?
    if any plz send me..
    There's open source software available for various needs. Your question is bit confusing. Tell us what your needs are?
  • naznin
    naznin

naznin
    any softwares?
    if any plz send me..

ACTUALLY WE HAVE THE DEMO ON THIS..
    AND I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD ANY FREE OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

What exactly are you going to demo? There's plenty of Open Source Software available. For example, there's highly popular "Blog Tool, Publishing Platform, and CMS – WordPress.org" available, which open source.
  • naznin
    naznin

actually its simple work
    jst i have to download that software
    i have to explain coding part of that installed software
    so....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

naznin
    actually its simple work
    jst i have to download that software
    i have to explain coding part of that installed software
    so....
    You sure about that? WordPress is huge (and most of the open source software is huge!). How much time do you have to study and prepare for your demo? I'm afraid it might take you quite some time to understand wordpress coding. Its in PHP and has got a fairly complex architecture (from a newbie point of view, of course).

I'd recommend reading about Open Source Software on various sources (viz. Wikipedia) and then begin your search for suitable open source software. SourceForge could be one great resource for your needs.

All the best!
  • naznin
    naznin

Thanks for co-operating me.

yes im sure about that.
    actually i wanted to give it tommarow.
    bt if it is not possible then monday is the last date for that.
    ok.i'll check for sourceForge.
    if wordpress is long then plz suggest for a little one.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    Softwares are like medicines and food for the computers. without them they cant run or cant function efficiently. And there are many software engineers who believe these should be free for all and not outrageously costly(read wares like Windows,Office,Adobe products). Thus, these communities came up with the idea of making softwares free and thus we got these so called open source products.

As Big K said, there are loads of open source software out on the internet. These softwares are called open source because their source code is made free to the public(open) and hence the name open source. One can download these source code, modify them and publish a new version of it. The best thing is that most of the open source work is carried out by volunteers and therefore they are generally free in their home/general versions.

Generally the opensource softwares are FREE versions come out as an alternative to bloated paid softwares. Eg. Linux - Windows(paid), Open Office - MSOffice(paid), GIMP - Photoshop(paid) etc. Opensource wares are much smaller, neater and usually work equal to their paid counterparts if not better. In most cases they are actually better.

Trying out Wordpress will be a difficult job unless you are comfortable handling pages of long and complicated codes. For that matter, you may also try Openoffice, Gimp, Vlc Media player etc.

if you are looking for something simpler and smaller, give a look at AbiWord. It is a MSword equivalent that is much lighter and faster than the bloated wares.

Else look for Startup Edit . This fully working program enables you to control what should and should not load automatically with Windows.
    Check it and its source code Startup Edit - Browse Files at SourceForge.net

let us know if you need more help.😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've come across lot of people who use the term 'Softwares'. Even I used it lot of times before I realized that 'software' cannot be pluralized! So even if you...
Source: Nokia - ShowPressRelease About Novarra Novarra, the Internet Mobility company, provides high performance mobile internet browsers and platforms for operators, handset manufacturers and internet brands to create new services...
Hello Friends, well there is a particular folder whose contents I want to hide.My friends suggested me download some software for this but one of my friends suggested I can...
I am an engineering(information science) student.I have my technical seminar on monday(29-3-2009) . My topic is "blue eye technology" so please can i get a abstract on this topic. please...
Source: World's tallest tower to 'go dark' on March 27 - Yahoo! India News Burj Khalifa, the tallest man-made structure, will join tens of thousands of iconic buildings and landmarks...