Free Mobile To Every 'Below Poverty Line' Indian - Joke?

Indian Government is planning to 'giveaway' a free mobile phone to everyone below poverty line in India. The whole project is supposed to cost Rs. 7000 crores. Do you think the movie is justified? Isn't it a big joke?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Sorry but I think its biggest ever... bigger than reservation and free laptop to every graduate in UP.
    It just insult of taxpayer and common man in this country,
    and the PM how announce this should throw his all degrees into gutter.
    It's going to cost INR 7000 Cr.
    PM should *ask following question to a BPL citizen what you want a free mobile phone with *600 sec/month talktime or a job with INR. *600/month.
    he will answer him.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    The existence of the Indian government and its proposed antics (like free cellphones and laptops) is in itself a big joke !

don't you agree ?
  • RISHABH LALA
    RISHABH LALA
    The thought of such a planning by the Indian government is a matter of concern . It shows the mentallity of the government -of just gathering votes by hook or by crock . this is a time of slow down for the Indian Economy and how foolish it sounds this for making such foolish expenditures. It seems that the UPA 2 is just concentrated on-Unitedly Progressing towards there own personal development.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    "Below poverty line"

what does this line imply to anyone? that people in such a condition, need at least two square meals a day.So what in world are they to do with cell phones.?

this shows that this is not just a joke, but a very sick joke !
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Cut to chase :
  • graphite
    graphite
    Silly move by Indian Government to giveaway free mobile phones, not only that they would provide 200 minutes Free talk time too. What after the 200 minutes free talk time is over?
    This is the biggest and foolish move taken by the UPA-2 which clearly indicates that this move will help in elections where this sizeable population plays an active role i.e by voting.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    *when mobile phone became more affordable than basic living*
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    Indian Government is planning to 'giveaway' a free mobile phone to everyone below poverty line in India. The whole project is supposed to cost Rs. 7000 crores. Do you think the movie is justified? Isn't it a big joke?
    I just now returned from a day long DST meeting on developing government policy for Public Private Partnership in technological innovation. The government people were describing that the budget allocated was Rs.500 Crores for all areas. I pointed out that the government was planning to spend FOURTEEN times that amount on free cell phones.

Innovators can only shed tears of blood at such lopsided priorities. I am speechless.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    My only answer to this question is...!
    [​IMG]😛
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Will government also facilities for free recharge?😲
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    aarthivg
    Will government also facilities for free recharge?😲
    that is another joke .
  • Rafi Shaik
    Rafi Shaik
    this is just a cheap trick to attract the rural and slum....😡 i think the govt will later on withdraw the policy of free recharge after a few months..!! then who's gonna use those phones..? this will definitely lead to e-waste..!!😭
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    What about giving reservation in recharge coupons?? This would be awesome.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ianoop
    What about giving reservation in recharge coupons?? This would be awesome.
    😁 What an idea, sir jee!

The opposition has dismissed the proposal as an “election gimmick” aimed at diverting people’s attention from basic survival issues by presenting them “toys”. - As if the opposition has any better ideas. 😖
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Really I don't have any words to say now, Just fed up from Congress

Just yesterday I get to know about this from my Boss during tea. i really feel sad, as i had paid tax for the first time today ,
    It was my hard earned money I work for 16 hrs daily and these people are using it for their own bloody sake

Sorry for my language

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In 2 months can anyone prepare for CAT , how to start with it 👀
Tell me some concepts for image processing in matlab
can anyone help me about ict -information communication technology
Hello CEans! I want to make a project using 8051 that takes i/p using keypad and the o/p is obtained using a dac. Can any one help me? how to...
Im eslam from egypt I study in the faculty of electronic engineering and i have a problem finding my graduation project idea