Free Electricity : Possible? May be "yes" - The Power of Pure Water.

Yes, it should be, certainly in this case. An idea that lit light for some of the millions of people who live without electricity. A one-plastic bottle filled with purified water and some bleach was all it required - an idea originally developed by MIT students is now being employed through out Philippines. However, in order to make the bottles light up it required to dig a hole over the roof top of the ceiling as shown in the figure.

[​IMG]

The basic idea of this activity is to use this alternate source to brighten homes of poor at least during day time.

How it will work:

Take a water bottle, with water along with some bleach. Now the holes are cut over the ceiling and the bottle is placed so that its lower half emerges from that hole of the ceiling. Now when Sunlight falls - the clear water disperses the light in all directions through refraction, which can provide a luminosity that is equal to 55 watt electric bulb with an efficiency of 5 years.

Replies

• CE Designer
    CE Designer
    This is great. Good thinking from those guys at MIT. I admire the simplicity in geniusness.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    This is really innovative idea.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#

This project is called as Isang Litrong Liwanag (A Liter of Light). It is a sustainable lighting project which aims to bring the eco-friendly Solar Bottle Bulb to disprivileged communities nationwide.

The following video became quite popular last year mainly due to its shares on social media sites -

• Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    ☕ have seen this video but unable to share - Thanks for sharing this video. 😀
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    AbraKaDabra
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#

This project is called as Isang Litrong Liwanag (A Liter of Light). It is a sustainable lighting project which aims to bring the eco-friendly Solar Bottle Bulb to disprivileged communities nationwide.

The following video became quite popular last year mainly due to its shares on social media sites -

In next few years I think we need such bulbs everywhere. Don't know whether this bulb provides such intensity when it places at some angle not on roof.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Very nice information 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Okay, so a host of a party has a pint bowl of water (A) and a pint bowl of fruit cocktail (b). First he pours half a pint from the...
I have just completed my diploma in Electronics & Comm. Engineering and I m going to degree in it but side by side i am willing to do the courses...
Jabong.com's been getting everyone's attention since last few months. The company backed by German Rocket-Internet is teaching everyone a lesson in 'execution' in operations and 'aggressiveness' when it comes to...
Let's Make a Collection of Best Android Mobile App. If you are Android User do share your Installed Applications and also your review about it. Here I am Starting... 1)...
Hi to all, I want to discover inclusion dependencies in sql database by using c#.net, How to i implement. Please explain what is inclusion dependencies in detailed........ Please soon.....