Forget windows: MIDORI is coming

MICROSOFT is working on a new generation of operating systems called Cloud-Based Operating System and rumors are there that MIDORI will be their first such operating system, which will replace Windows fully from computer map.
Microsoft has not declared any such date about launching of MIDORI, but there are rumors that this project is in incubation phase.
MIDORI can be also seen as MICROSOFT'S answer those competitors who are applying "Virtualization" as a mean to solving issues within contemporary computing.
The main idea behind MIDORI is to develop a lightweight portable OS which can be mated easily to lots of various applications.
hey friends ,just waiting for MIDORI coming out...

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: Forget windows:midori is coming

Google revealed this email:

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Some of you will have noticed that I have been conspicuously silent over the
    last three or four weeks. I have spent much of that time airborne, or in
    interviews at Google, Microsoft, and DARPA.

After a fair bit of soul-searching, I have decided to accept a fairly senior
    position at Microsoft associated with the Midori project. The current plan
    has me starting there at the beginning of August.

This means, among other issues, that we will be wrapping up the BitC
    project. While I will be trying hard to get all of the planned features for
    the initial release completed before I depart, that may not turn out to be
    possible. I have asked Microsoft if we can keep the various web sites alive
    for archival access and the mailing list, but I should also ask if there is
    anyone out there who would be interested to assume more active stewardship
    of the BitC project. I emphasize that unless management at Microsoft
    concludes otherwise, I will no longer be able to participate actively in
    these discussions. Also, in the event that MS does not permit archival
    maintainence, would somebody be willing to take over hosting the content?

I have also asked MS for permission to publish papers about BitC on my own
    time. They granted this permission to Swaroop, and I see no reason that they
    should decline this, but my position there is a bit more sensitive and they
    may see issues that I do not.

In the meantime, I need to get back to packing and hacking.

Best regards,

Jonathan
  • NicholasSummers
    NicholasSummers
    It seems there's going to be war in the cloud computing world in 2010. IBM is coming out with LotusLive Engage and we all know that Google and Microsoft are going to be competing too.

Apparantly the cloud computing market is worth $120 Billion so I think we can expect a lot to happen in 2010 in this area.

Personally I think Google will win as they've pretty much been in the markety since 2007 with their Google apps.
    #-Link-Snipped-# | マイブログ
  • jd3cker
    jd3cker
    I just got here, but best of luck.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i have planned to do a project to generate electricity from rain drop using piezioelectric sensors.I dont have a circuit.If u know anything regarding this please help me.
Good Morning everybody as i've seen a first morning in the crazy engineer's world.I am Shaikh Sayeed , a student of Civil Engg ,D.Y.Patil College of Engg,Pune. I love to...
I'am a recent graduated Civil Engineer from Portugal, specialized in Geotechnical Enginnering. Currently i´am doing research, about buried structures in high speed railways (box culverts (5x5 meters) mainly). So if...
Hi everyone, if someone have: EN 13369:2004 (Common rules for precast concrete products) please share. thanks in advance raffah
i have an idea of doing project in two wheelers,can i have a clear explanation about the parts and working of two wheelers or tell me any websites which can...