For the Die Hard Bikers - The DIWHEEL

Quote:
Students and researchers in the School of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Adelaide have developed a novel electric two-wheel vehicle, affectionately known as EDWARD (Electric Di-wheel With Active Rotation Damping), that allows a driver to travel in a conventional upright position and, for the more adventurous, in an upside down position. The di-wheel consists of two large coaxial wheels that completely encompass an inner frame containing a driver. The inner frame is suspended within the wheels in such a way as to allow the inner frame to rotate freely. EDWARD employs the latest drive-by-wire technology (used in modern aircraft) and control theory to aid the driver in piloting the vehicle.
End Quote

[video=youtube;Uf6Gh-hPDeo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf6Gh-hPDeo&NR=1[/video]

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys, it's Shaf again from EngineeringBecause! We've got another exclusive interview for you and this time it's with non other than the Big K himself! So have a read...
Is any one aware of some new innovation or design that has been made regarding the six stroke engines? or if anyone has any useful idea, please share.
Hello everyone, I want to alloys steel with silver or gold or platina. How can I do this? I read in a book that by making a battery using a...
The contribution of engineers to the profitability of a firm need to be emphasised. Engineering’s Contribution to the Profit Equation | Shipulski On Design Shipulski on Design: Engineering
COMSOL Conference 2011 - Banglore Click Here for More information.