For Engineers: Selecting your calculator

Well, I had my Casio 115fx die on me DURING an exam, and I was p*ssed off, needless to say. I've used Orpat, but the one I have can't handle Matrices and Equations like the Casio could. I'm on the market for a new calculator.

So, what do you use? Is it reliable? Does it indicate battery levels? Can it handle matrices, algebraic equations and such?

Replies

• Nachko
    Nachko
    Been using CASIO fx-85ES (#-Link-Snipped-#) for more than a year. Great calculator, I am happy with it. This is my 4th CASIO in the last 16 years. Maybe this website will be useful for you:

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Crazy Engineers, I'm currently a grad student pursuing my masters in Bioengineering (focusing on the development of medical and diagnostic devices). I did my undergrad in Instrumentation and Control...
Hi friends this is krishn. Am from rural area and I have completed my B.Tech with 82% in Computers domain. After joining in this CE I learned so many things...
I'm not exactly an engineer but I aspire to be one in like 4 years or so. I have my share of failures, I was an engineering student in university...
Engineering Trade : Plastics & Chemicals Location: Bangalore Occupation: Technical Director - Plastics Work Experience: 30 years experience in plastic industries Hobbies & Interests : Reading & Music Aim in...
DOP is a plasticzer used to make PVC soft.I wish to know from fellow CEans, having chemical engineering expertize, if DOP can be stored in ms tanks without any rust...