Follow Me Robot Assistant

Project Abstract / Summary : In this project,we have made a Robot to follow us based upon the input we give like T-Shirt, or Watermark etc; This is done on basis of colour Identification by Image Processing Technology. The software used is "Processing" software here. We have made use of 6 D.C Motors which has a capacity of 100 R.P.M and can drag load upto 1.5 kg each. So our Robot can drag a maximum weight of 9kgs. It can drag a lappy or carry a small baby even, If the designation is assigned. The basic idea is to reduce the human effort
. Let us take an example of shopping mall. Instead of pulling a cart,we can directly drop our things into cart and our Robot automatically follow us. The obstacle avoidance can be achieved by using Ultrasonic sensor used here. Tracking of a person is done by IR sensor placed. The best part of the project is to simultaneous achievement of Obstacle avoidance and Person Tracking. This is very economical compared to other real time projects,Reliable and Efficient.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : By analysing the OK importance of Automation and 5th generation Technology, I had an Intention to use. Here we were able to learn the code and even the Hardware equipment involved in movement of Robot

Project Highlights : An Efficient, Real time , less time consuming , economical projects are always rewarded and so I feel our project stands in the best position. In crowdy places where tracking of a person becomes tough,our Robot can make the task simple. In military, during war time ,the rescue operation can be done without having any risk using our Follow Me Robot Assistant.

Project Category : Robotics / RC / Automation
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Malla Reddy College of Engineering & Technology
City: Hyderabad
State: Telangana
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Bio-diesel refers to a vegetable oil or animal fat based diesel fuel consisting of long esters. bio diesel is typically made by chemically reacting lipids....
Project Abstract / Summary : Designing and fabricating a kinematic linkage mechanism for opening and closing the windoww with five locking positions for various sash positions of window.Motive is should...
Suggest me topic for project in structural engineering for ME Structure..
Im doing my final year Mechanical engineering.I have planned to do a project on self balancing bicycle.Can you share your ideas for its fabrication much better.
Project Abstract / Summary : Unmanned aerial vehicle UAVs have gained much popularity in several military and civilian applications performing environmental monitoring agriculture and surveying applications have very specific constraints...