"FOLDABLE VEHICLE"

Project Abstract / Summary : Abstract:
Normally the city are getting congested due to increase in population and also paying capacity due to which four wheel vehicles are getting more in number in the same size roads and city.This is creating the shortage in the parking area,restriction for movement in congested area.Sometimes the vehicle carrying very few people and the vehicle is of very big size which is creating problem of space for movement and also in parking.We are making a vehicle which is folding within itself when required,retaining the seating for the drive and few people and rest can be overlapped or folded as required.Here we are making a four wheel vehicle with drive for the front wheels and the steering mechanism for the rear wheels being powered by the DC motor and being backed by the DC Batteries.The outside body made of steel sheet is flexible which is folding within itself to reduse the length which is actuated by the motor,gears and guides.This helps in less space occupancy during the parking and also to move in congested area.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : Becaus of trafic congestion is a condition on roads networks that occurs asuse increases,and is characterized by slower speeds,longer trip times,and increased vehicular queueing.The most common example is the physical use of roads by vehicles.When traffic demand is great enough that the interaction between vehicles slows the speed of the traffic stream,this results in some congestion.

Project Highlights : 1)Present system is having fixed capacity and vehicles are not used for different requirements.This innovation will overcome such need.
2)The total industry has not experience much change in its structure over the last many years,this is one of the change.
3)multi-utility usage of vehicle for material and passenger handling as per the flexible requirements,which is not possible by the present setup.
4)In present set up different vehicles are needed for flexible usage for which people cannot afford to have multiple vehicles.

Project Category : Mechanical / Automobile / Aeronautical
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: B.v.v.s polytechanic(autonomouse) Bagalkot
City: Bagalkot
State: Karnataka
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : The proposed idea reduces the accident rate.The project is mainly created for long distance driver who falls asleep during driving. The project has eye monitoring...
Hi, Whenever I give presentation in front of my superior then I feel a kind of fearfulness , my heart beats becomes faster which makes so difficult to even deliver...
Project Abstract / Summary : WEB BASED AUTOMATIC IRRIGATION SYSTEM USING WIRELESS SENSOR NETWORK AND EMBEDDED LINUX BOARD India is one of the scarce water resources in 13 countries in...
Totally useless. Whole lot of CE activity. Excellent Engineering:
Theory of structures By Ramamrutham (or) Notes for Kanis method and Matrix stiffness method, Please upload or Send link