FM conversion

hello guys,
i would like to know whether it is possible to upconvert a 100MHz frequency modulated signal to 900MHz using an upconverter ic

Replies

• shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    Ok...but all you need is a mixer which will use heterodyning & have 3 o/p's. Sum of frequencies, difference frequency & the original frequency, but you will need an i/p frequency from an oscillator.This could help you.....#-Link-Snipped-#
  • awaiting
    awaiting
    instead of using a mixer will an upconverter ic do?,
    i dont know much about the mixer theory so if its possible i'd like to go directly for an upconverter ic
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    Its pretty difficult to get such an IC.In most of the cases though you will have to provide another i/p frequency.
  • awaiting
    awaiting
    i know of a few ic's like max2660-max2673
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    and LT5519 LT5519 Datasheet(PDF) - Linear Technology

but i dont know if these can be used to upconvert a frequency modulated signal to higher frequencies!
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    Yes even I'm not sure because the FM signal will contain the carrier as well as the harmonics.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi i am new in this forum kindly suggest me project and i have to submit my proposal till monday i'll rate 4/10 in c language reply earlier
I was watching movie Dabangg and suddenly I felt that movie was so pathetic that my head started feeling BANG BANG BANG. It was my wife who told that it...
can we do any project based on ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORK related to IT FIELD😕??? please suggest any new idea based on this topic!!!😕😕
Hi........... Myself Megha,studying Mtech 3rd sem in power electronics. I am searching for my mtech final year project in power electronics.If anyone has some topics or papers on converters,inverters,please send...
Hey guyzz, alll engineering who part of this forum :sshhh:. I request them to please share there some mini project and some topics for presentation they have done in the...