Fly CG-588-X-Life QWERTY Phone Reviews & Price In India

The European Fly mobiles launched its Indian operations in 2005 and has recently launched a Full QWERTY, dual SIM phone in India. Let's take a look at this phone and find out whether the phone is worth the price.

Fly-CG-5880-X-Life

First Impressions:
The Fly CG 588 X-Life phone is a full QWERTY keyboard phone with a black metallic finish. The phone looks stunning with the number-pad specially marked in red. Very useful and handy while dialing the numbers. The phone has a bright LCD screen. Overall the phone looks good. The phone is very lightweight, with only 95 gms.

Dual SIM, Dual Network:
This phone has CDMA+GSM support as against the standard GSM+GSM support. I think this is a welcome feature. Those who want to use CDMA plan will find this convenient.

FM Radio & Recording:
As expected, this phone supports FM radio and facility to record directly from the radio to the microSD card.

Battery & Talk-Time:
The CDMA gives you about 5 hours of talk time and GSM gives you about 4 hours of talktime. Thanks to the 1500 mAh battery that lasts long!

Camera: This phone has 1.3 mega pixel camera and I'd not expect quality photographs from this phone. Yes, you can capture video with the camera.

Phonebook: The phone book only supports 500 contacts along with photo identity. Well, a bit of a disappointment in this section, but the photo identity calling feature is very handy during dialing and taking the calls.

Other Special Features: 3.5 mm Audio Jack, Nimbuzz, Snaptu, Dedicated Camera Key. Dedicated Volume Key, SMS 300, Java Games Supported, CDMA USB MODEM, WAP: CDMA2000 1X, Ebook Reader (*.txt file)

Price & Verdict: This phone is available at a price of Rs. 2999/- in India. I think the phone is an okay choice for the price and the features. If you want a QWERTY phone with mucis playing abilities, you can go for this phone. Don't expect too much from the camera through.

If you have questions, feedback, opinion, recommendations, please comment in this thread!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Fly is a European mobile phone company founded in 2003 with offices across countries including UK, France, Germany, India, Russia, Ukraine and Nigeria. Fly is already a leading mobile phone...
Fly is a European company that came to India in 2005. The company has recently launched its touch phone E 106 in India. Let's have a look at the phone...
Tata Docomo will soon launch 3G services in following circles - * Rajasthan * UP (West) * Gujarat * Maharashtra except Mumbai * Haryana * Punjab * Kerala * Karnataka...
We have lot of our CEans going to attend the interviews now and as well as we have lot of our CEans working in various companies. It will be great...
i want to make a doorbell , after pressing 3 time or 5sec after without responce, another recorder circuit will work for record the visitor voice.... so how can i...