Fly ash sepaartion from Boiler flue gases.

In a thermal power plant, fly ash particles generated from the combustion process of coal are separated in Electrostatic Precipitator (ESP) or by using filter bags before gases are released to atmosphere. Considering the efficiency of ESP as well as temperature restriction of filter bag fabric, ash particle emission though reduced but not eliminated completely. Are there any other method / s which achieve 100% reduction of ash particles from flue gases leaving the Chimney.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Solutions like washing, centrifugal separation are possible. However, expensive.
    By the time the exhaust gases reach the filter bag house, the temperature should be below the applicable value for the Teflon coated fabric normally used. Most filter systems should remove 99.9% of the fly ash.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

z you can improve your child personality theircreative communication with empowering you program. Empowering you a place where your child developed their skills & there is a special program for...
Samsung has posted a teaser and promises that something big is coming. Our best guess is that Samsung will announce Samsung Wave II or Bada update (considering the fact that...
plz tell me the good mechanical and electronics companies in delhi,gurgaon n noida.i m a eng. in electronic n telecom.
thank you for inviting me as your member
Five people A ,B ,C ,D ,E are related to each other. Four of them make one true statement each as follows. (i) B is my father'sbrother. (ii) E is...