Flux when speed of induction motor exceeds synchronous speed

what will happen to the flux when an induction motor is run at speeds greater then synchronous speed? will the motor supply reactive power to the supply to maintain the constant flux?

Replies

• pinank
    pinank
    #-Link-Snipped-# please help me with this!
  • lal
    lal
    When an induction motor rotor is made to run above the synchronous speed, it will inject electrical energy back to the supply. That is, the machine will start acting as a generator. In fact this method is sometimes used in regenerative braking.

When the rotor rotates at a speed greater than synchronous speed, the flux produced by the circulating current in the rotor will induce an opposing voltage in the rotor and make a reverse current flow back to the supply. At this time actually the torque and slip are negative. In this mode the mainflux will reduce, I think, as a reverse current is fed back.

Why do you think a reactive power will be injected back?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, We're currently doing a trial run of the CE Bulletin and I'm sure many of you should have received it in your mailboxes. It'd be nice to have your...
hello, I want to interface GSM modem to AT89C51 to send messages. I have attached ciruit diagram and code too! This code is not working 😔 In circuit diagram, I...
i failed twice in class 12th , on the 3rd attempt i managed to pass with only 62% marks that too from MP board , so i have 2 years...
This beats anything that I have heard in classical music:
hi frns... this is sahithi,B.tech cse,2009 passed out..having 1 yr exp as .net developer and in search of a job now..i got seat in PG-DWiMC at CDAC at Bengaluru..need to...