flowrate in piping

Hi,

i want to add an exchanger in my process and the cooling medium is tapped frm an 8" piping of Cooling Water supply.

How do i estimate the cooling water flowrate to the new exchanger if the the piping to this new exchanger is at 2 "?

Thx!

Replies

• pnkjrao
    pnkjrao
    Please refer to this site for further info

Brgds

learner1
    Hi,

i want to add an exchanger in my process and the cooling medium is tapped frm an 8" piping of Cooling Water supply.

How do i estimate the cooling water flowrate to the new exchanger if the the piping to this new exchanger is at 2 "?

Thx!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Advertising is strictly not allowed through posts.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Do you know your elevations and pressures?
  • learner1
    learner1
    I know that the suppy pressure is abt 2 barg.

From here, how do i estimate the flowrate of a 2" piping that branches out frm an 8" Cooling Water Supply header?

Tx.
  • Voltaire
    Voltaire
    It is not as simple as that: is the water tube side or shell side? what is the tube diameter/baffle size/tube pitch etc. etc. etc. Stick to computers 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, As you might have noticed, CE Colloquium final entries are out. You can read the presentations, abstracts in our official blog: VoiCE. Click on the following link to view...
Discuss the announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/29532-colloquium-next-steps-important.html in this thread.
hello ceans 😁 can anyone please give the sufficient information about the patent attorney exam. i have checked the official website , but no use. when the exam is goin...
I'm working on graduation Project .. I need Help .. Idea of the project: Contact the student with the University via mobile phone .. For example: send a specific number...
Hi everybody, What is enhanced interior gateway routing protocol (EIGRP), and when is it used in network systems? Thank you.