Flipkart Billion Dollar Sale Is A Scam Or What?

I'm trying to purchase a tripod and constantly getting Failed to login, please retry after some time error whenever I try to login - on the modal window as well as on the checkout page. Wondering if I'm doing it wrong or Flipkart's facing issues with user sessions?

Did anyone buy anything successfully from Flipkart today?

PS: I've updated the title of the discussion from "Failed to login, please retry after some time error" to new one, based on the direction in which this discussion is going.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Working OK here.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Flipkart is fraud.

Before the deals even started I was online, wanted to buy that Samsung tab which was under 'steal deal'. It was 'Out of stock' even before the deal began. I thought the stock will arrive once deal starts. I was continuously refreshing that goddamn page and bam! in main page it said 'shit just sold out'.
    I was like what the crap ?

Now, my curiosity to know whether its the case in every 'steal deal' I remained online straight 3 hours refreshing page continuously & trying the buy the shitloads. But, I noticed that even when I try to purchase on very first second the stock appear, it says 'out of stock'. I mean come on, no one can purchase entire stock in just 5 seconds after new stock arrives.

BTW, anything other than 'Steal Deal' products can be purchased quite easily.

Flipkart is full of shit. Amazon one world better, period!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - It's likely that they're using the 'steal deals' as marketing ploy; or say kept just about 10 items of each item under the deal. The moment people see that items are going out of stock, they'll jump on to the next deal and grab it fearing that they'll have to buy the item at a higher price later on.

Bezos did tell the secret sauce to his employees in India. Just keep an eye on it!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# Only the products that come under 'Limited Stock' is only giving legit discount. Anything other than that like 'Save more' , 'Steal Deal' and 'Limited Time' is just the usual discount which you see in regular days.

Also, as the stock decreases, the price gradually increases. I noticed it in HP 15-g049AU Notebook (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8.1) (K5B45PA) Rs. Price in India - Buy HP 15-g049AU Notebook (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8.1) (K5B45PA) Online - HP : Flipkart.com . It went from 16K to 19K to 25k & decreased back to 21k.

Moral of the experience : Never get carried away by such discounts. It's all lies. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ๐Ÿ˜ I saw all the Steal Deals only after they went out of stock. And it was just 6-7 minutes after 8:00 am today when the sale began.

Looks like sham to me. They never were on sale in the first place, or even if they were it was just 4-5 units.

Why make thousands of customers feel cheated or regretful for not logging in just a few seconds earlier? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜จ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    The worst thing about the Flipkart Big Billion Day is that they are making people buy things they do not need. People are falling for this big time. When it comes to steal deal I saw a Karbonn feature phone go for Rs. 1 at 10 am and by 10.01 it was out of stock. Plus the only thing I liked about Flipkart from the beginning was its low price on books but even on what is supposed to be a big discount day their prices are higher than of Amazon.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# Trust me buddy, that Karbonn device was NA/Out-Of-Stock even before it arrived on 'Steal Deal' Offer.

Flipkart should learn to give legit offers like we get during Steam Sales by Steam. BTW I forgot, you can't compare these fraudsters with the mighty Gabe Newell. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Totally agree with Satya on this. I purchased a book on Amazon for almost half the price than what it was on Flipkart. There was a day when Flipkart was no. 1 go-to option for me when it came to buying books online. Had even recommended it to friends back then.

Also those who run after deals, beware of such tricks -

[โ€‹IMG]

[โ€‹IMG]

^ That's not just the case with Flipkart, but many other e-commerce portals.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Another example of a bad deal is the new Chetan Bhagat book, Half Girlfirend. Its being sold for Rs. 99 today at Flipkart but my sister bought the book for Rs. 99 and 10% cashback (SBI) at Amazon on 1st October.
    I am starting to love Amazon now, I bought a couple of good books including a Sherlock Holmes box set from Amazon at dirt cheap prices in the last few days.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Full on total scam.
    Kar
    Clicks on the link of the Karbonn phone and you get this page
    Karbonfgfgf
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like the Steal Deals are back. ๐Ÿ˜ Can someone keep an eye on how fast they go out of stock? ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Rauf
    Rauf
    Check this out : #-Link-Snipped-#

No Ullu Banaying
  • manjifera
    manjifera
    Check there is difference. The pink sticker costs your extra 4100/- Must be golden one ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Ankita Katdare
    ๐Ÿ˜ I saw all the Steal Deals only after they went out of stock. And it was just 6-7 minutes after 8:00 am today when the sale began.

Looks like sham to me. They never were on sale in the first place, or even if they were it was just 4-5 units.

Why make thousands of customers feel cheated or regretful for not logging in just a few seconds earlier? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜จ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜
    #-Link-Snipped-# you are saying just 6-7 minutes? I tried right on 8:00AM so you can say it was expired right on 8:00:01AM.
    Upto now what I observe it's surely a scam. Sometimes they show product on deal page and when you visit product page it is out of stock WTF why don't you make your website better so it updates deal page if it is out of stock.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Rauf

No Ullu Banaying
    Wow ! You see only flipkart have right to change MRP. ๐Ÿ˜

Flipkart - Screw you rules we can change MRP anytime. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like the Steal Deals are back. ๐Ÿ˜ Can someone keep an eye on how fast they go out of stock? ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜›
    You are saying how fast they are go out of sell may be I smell it's out of stock already after out of stock they are putting it on sell. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    This is the only talk in town. Already couple of colleagues bought Chetan Bhagat's Half Girlfriend. Ordered in the morning 10.00 and got delivered by 12:00.
  • Rauf
    Rauf
    Harshad Italiya
    Wow ! You see only flipkart have right to change MRP. ๐Ÿ˜

Flipkart - Screw you rules we can change MRP anytime. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Yes, If everything seems to be going well (with online purchase), you have obviously overlooked the T&C. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    This BBDS is going to hurt the rep of Flopkart(No typo). Many loyal customers including me will never look back at Flopkart. Time to switch to Amazon ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    You would not able to add any damn item in your cart which is under Steal Deal; even if you add, and it's for less than INR 500, till you try to checkout, it would be removed from your cart.

It's just a fake sale and nothing else.

Following from Morning, they immediately placed 3 awesome looking offers:

1) 16 GB Pendrive for Re. 1
    2) Samsung Tab 2 for Rs. 1399
    3) Lumia 525 at INR 999

And no one was able to buy that.

Now even if we claim it is cheating, flipkart would come up with 50s of fake purchasers just to protect itself.

It's FRAUDCART ๐Ÿ˜€

Will wait for Amazon sale starting from October 10 ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The Harry Potter Box Set is available for Rs. 1,200. I just tried adding it to the cart and was successful in doing so. Didn't buy though.

A friend just told me that she could bought the box-set for Rs. 1,300 a few months back from Flipkart.

Does that mean some items are genuine while some aren't?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, do we have anyone who successfully bought item via steal deal?
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    I'm just waiting for some real person to either tweet or anything to tell the world s/he was successful in buying ๐Ÿ˜›

Kaustubh Katdare
    People would be only able to buy through Steal Deal when item costs > INR 1000 or something. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    lol, they are removing products automatically from cart.

FRAUDCART ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Nokia X at Rs900 - Went Out of Stock soon!

Hope you guys know there's a sale on Amazon today as well.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Even Rajnikath failed today buying anything from Flipkart Steal Deal ๐Ÿ˜›
  • vijaydvd226
    vijaydvd226
    look at the price of this book...exaggerated...flipkart scam only

IMG_77092123329972
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Bought a Philips TV and a pair of shoes, was pending from a long time, didn't get much discount though. It was not a part of steal deal, just some regular discounts, and citi bank cashbacks! But as I been have hearing steal deals are a farce. I obviously couldn't get anything, products are just getting disappeared in seconds. They are just to lure customers to come to the site and then make them buy other stuff!

Dear flipkart, we don't expect you to be completely honest with everything, but at least don't cheat your customers.. We are mature enough to understand when you are trying to scam people!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Time for Sachin and Binny Bansal to come out and explain ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Rs. 41,767?!!
    Looks like they have not been able to handle the frenzy so well. What were they expecting?!
    Most product pages are giving errors too. ๐Ÿ‘Ž
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    And they are never going to do that.
    I purchased Moto E few days back and they are going to give cashback to 100 buyers. I asked them on 1st oct to share the order ID who got their cashback and they said they have sent mail to winner no need to notify others. BULLSHIT !
  • Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    Moral of the story... there is nothing called free , unlimited dinner ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Flipkart's raised about a billion dollars from their investors. If they're creating this hype, they should have spared about 100 or 200 crores spare and offered flat 50% discount on all the products. That'd have been a 'steal deal' for everyone.

I'm quite surprised that Redmi 1s, that sold ~40K units in just 4-5 seconds in every batch lasted for several hours today before going out of stock. If 40K units can sell in 4-5 seconds; 150,000 units should have been sold in a minute or two at max. If not; I'd not expect them to last for more than an hour!

But you see - the phone was there for several hours and almost anyone could buy it.

Certainly, things aren't rosy as they wanted to show.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    A big notice on the top this morning said, 'No cancellation, No refund.'
    This might not go so well with customers who have had bad experiences with the shipment & delivery.

Also, Gone are the days when we used to go to a local bookstore, find a book worth buying, log-in to Flipkart and check the discount on the book and decide to buy the book online after going home.

Did anyone try the Compare Hatke app on Chrome for plotting the price of a product over the last few weeks. I am sure the results would be alarming!
    #-Link-Snipped-# any input on this?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    ATTENTION: Anyone using 'Flipkart FIRST' service here? Any benefits over to us regular users???
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Looks total scam to me. I saw a headphone and tried to buy it added in card and then while checkout out of stock. I came back to product and while several refresh price and availability was fluctuating with each refresh ๐Ÿ˜จ

See the price variation for another headphone..
    Observe the price from 31st July to 18th Aug, price is INR. 600. And in today's sale they again made it to INR. 599 and trying to sell as steal offer.

chart

Edit: One more observation: They added RedMi 1S today, I am sure, they not able to sell all of them, and made out-of-stock just to show off. I added in my cart in morning and removed it. I got email that if I am trying to purchase this phone. Didn't got email for other product unless they ware in my cart for few daysโ˜•

Suggestion to Flipkart, if you are reading this.
    You are already big brother of Indian E-Commerce and have earned the trust. I don't think you need to create hoax for people to come to your site. Stop doing "Chindi-Chori" (Cheap business).
    People will move to Amazon and I guess Flipkart is already scared of Amazon.
  • manjifera
    manjifera
    Ebay's new promise.
    [โ€‹IMG]
  • Kartman13
    Kartman13
    Wasted all my day trying to get a steal and finally at about 3 p.m, i manged to get a 3000rs LONSDALE backpack for 99% off. The order was placed successfully and i was feeling happy that i at least i won something for abusing my finger all day by hitting the refresh button. Drained by this, i closed all browser and took some rest. I went back to FK around 4.30 to see if there are any other deals and to my surprise, my entire order history had been wiped clean. 2 years of order history vanished. I was outraged by this stunt pulled by flipkart and the only thing that kept me calm was that i managed to get only a backpack(which was stolen back by me) and not a high-end phone or tablet. None the less, I'm never going to order anything from flipkart again. I had been a loyal customer of FK and they screwed me over in the most unprofessional way.
  • Kartman13
    Kartman13
    Wasted all my day trying to get a steal and finally at about 3 p.m, i manged to get a 3000rs LONSDALE backpack for 99% off. The order was placed successfully and i was feeling happy that i at least i won something for abusing my finger all day by hitting the refresh button. Drained by this, i closed down my browser and took some rest. I went back to FK around 4.30 to see if there are any other deals and to my surprise, my entire order history had been wiped clean. 2 years of order history vanished. I was outraged by this stunt pulled by flipkart and the only thing that kept me calm was that i managed to get only a backpack(which was stolen back) and not a high-end phone or tablet. None the less, I'm never going to order anything from flipkart again. I had been a loyal customer of FK and they screwed me over in the most unprofessional way.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Anoop Mathew
    ATTENTION: Anyone using 'Flipkart FIRST' service here? Any benefits over to us regular users???
    Nothing much mainly depends on your city. I just subscribe for Flipkart First today because of 399/- If I am going to order 8 items in one year less then 500/- amount it's Vasoool for me. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm quite surprised that Redmi 1s, that sold ~40K units in just 4-5 seconds in every batch lasted for several hours today before going out of stock. If 40K units can sell in 4-5 seconds; 150,000 units should have been sold in a minute or two at max. If not; I'd not expect them to last for more than an hour!
    That was fishy from the very first Mi3 sell and today they proved it.
    If you ask Flipkart about reason they are surely gonna say that now almost every people has purchased Redmi that is why it is still there. We got some order canceled so we got more stock and blah blah.
  • manjifera
    manjifera
    Worst thing for sell on flipkart! Seems day to day they are degrading service and on one day the will sell cloths only like homeshop18 doing these days ๐Ÿ˜

[โ€‹IMG]
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    #-Link-Snipped-# seems Flipkart came to know about this thread and Redmi1S is now out of stock on website but not in real for sure. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Rauf
    Rauf
    Guys visit#-Link-Snipped-# !! This is how amazon trolls Flipkart.

Source : #-Link-Snipped-#

๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Also in the main menu page the timer was running when you clicked on the view all products on limited stock ,timer showing as ended and message to go for other deal.

totally disappointed!!
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Rauf
    Guys visit#-Link-Snipped-# !! This is how amazon trolls Flipkart.

Source : #-Link-Snipped-#

๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜
    Why not visit too? ๐Ÿ˜€

PS: Scraped, because I'm not sure what was it exactly, let me search for that again.
    It was something fraudcart.com or something.
  • manjifera
    manjifera
    Harshad Italiya
    #-Link-Snipped-# seems Flipkart came to know about this thread and Redmi1S is now out of stock on website but not in real for sure. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Its not real out of stock. All 2 orders from my cart vanished in air!! and there is message that this item went out of stock.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    So, came to know that those Re. 1 items and all those items that were offered for less that INR 100 were actually around only 100 items to be sold.

Now, I want to know how come Flipkart thought that they would serve "Whole India" with only 100 items of some products offered for less, and then spamming everywhere for huge discounts to everyone.

Seriously, they have forgotten that in country like India, people are not so dumb and blind to let them go un-noticed.

You have just encouraged your competitors to grow, nothing else ๐Ÿ˜€
    and bdw, happy making that "Official" money you made today.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Found this on FB:

#-Link-Snipped-#
    Dear Mr. Out Of Stock, Thank you for offering "The Big Billion Day" sale. Today is the 6th of October, 2014 and it's a day when you offered the biggest sale. Let's start from the top. MY whole intent of writing this letter to you is to make you understand that you need a bigger warehouse and trust me on that because it is said to be believed that today is your biggest sale offering and most of your sale products(which you advertised) went out of stock in less than a minute!

I mean were you offering only 0.0001% of your stock of that product on sale? You were offering some phones at Re 1 and some at Rs 900. How many pieces of those handsets were being offered at the sale price? 1 or 10 or 100? Okay, for an instance let me believe that my net connection was slow(which is not the case) and I missed out of deals. But when I went to purchase a Macbook Pro which you were offering at Rs 49.5k your website did not allow me to put the item in my cart. After a lot of tries I get to see a page Error 500: Internal sever error where you are calling Houston trying to act smart!

Ah well! Let me tell you that I did not give up and tried refreshing a lot of times and finally went to the cart page. This took me about 5 minutes. Then surprisingly I see my cart is empty even though I had put the item in my cart. And after several attempts when I was able to checkout I see that you are showing that item, Out of Stock! What are you trying to do here?

Steal Deals!!! Steal Deals!!! Steal Deals!!!

What is there to steal in it when the same item is available at a lower price on your competitors website(Amazon this time) even though they are not making a GAGA about the discounts! The Canon 1200D with dual lens which you were offering at around Rs 26.5k today was being offered by Amazon.in at Rs 20.5k.Same with Apple MacBook Air and other products. I don't know why are you trying to fool us!

On 4th October 2014 I got a mail from both of you saying a few emotional lines about the start-up and how this will be big sale. You forgot to mention that it's not a big sale, it is a sale which goes out of stock in 1-3 seconds.

Btw, your marketing guy is doing a great job! Super great job! Think of naming your next sale as, India's biggest out of stock sale in 1 second! Do fire your supply chain guy. He hasn't done his homework to predict the sales and I am sure he has failed a lot of times seeing my news feed about how Red Mi and Mi3 goes out of stock in seconds!

Yours sincerely,

A "Flipkart First" customer

To all those who could connect with this letter, please go ahead and share it. Don't worry. This letter won't go out of stock! And while sharing, make your privacy settings public for this post so that all the customers can see it because they could not have the privilege to see the products in their cart.
  • vijaydvd226
    vijaydvd226
    pricina Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Rs. 41,767?!!
    Looks like they have not been able to handle the frenzy so well. What were they expecting?!
    Most product pages are giving errors too. ๐Ÿ‘Ž
    Anyways pricing above MRP is illegal...
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    vijaydvd226
    Anyways pricing above MRP is illegal...
    Yeah and what if now all those people who are trolled today filed a case against Flipkart. lol
  • vijaydvd226
    vijaydvd226
    Sanyam Khurana
    Yeah and what if now all those people who are trolled today filed a case against Flipkart. lol
    To get justice in India will take years of patience and this is one of the reasons why scammers use this opportunity to cheat customers...We should be cautious.....Atleast I feel now that it's a lesson well learnt that " There is nothing called a free lunch"

Flipkart ...U were doing very great at the beginning..why are you spoiling ur reputation...Remember the story of the Goose which laid golden eggs....
  • vijaydvd226
    vijaydvd226
    Finally The only things sold in Billion day sale Steal Deal was Flipkart's Good name and the trust people had in Flipkart....
  • Void Runner
    Void Runner
    I had been losing trust in Flipkart since a long time. I never even bothered with the flash sales, because I knew that was them doing what they do best: If you are two guys with even an iota of brain, you can hold thousands of people ransom to your braininess. The flash sales were evidence of that. The Big Billion Day was something I never followed at all. There are services like infibeam and amazon doing a much better job today.

Flipkart was good when it first launched, but today I have severe doubts on how it operates. But it's operating style is very reminescent and just about what I'd expect from young entrepreneurs with flashy credentials and a lot of media attention.

Moral of the story: One who speaks less, talks less about his degree and works more probably offers the better deal. And I'm not just talking about business.
  • avii
    avii
    I got Nokia Lumia in sale. It's dispatched, will post pics once I receive it ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Suraj Patil
    Suraj Patil
    It is a trick, and almost everyone fell for it. It is absolute craziness to sell a pen drive at Re 1, because you aren't allowed to do that, otherwise that would be unfair competition, that was the same case when Microsoft was to be split into two when they made IE free, this is the same concern when Whatsapp was acquired by Facebook, that is unfair competition.

But that was a bad move for the company, in the information age, we have social media and that creates bad PR.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Totally agree with #-Link-Snipped-#
    The biggest day for Flipkart is also a very sad day for the management and PR teams.
    Trending since yesterday on Twitter are hashtags like # FekuFlops and Flop Kart.

#-Link-Snipped-# shared that Flipkart's twitter account made a world record in saying 'Sorry' to thousands of customers mentioning @ Flipkart in their complaint tweets.

A friend wrote on Social Media:
    Let's lose Trust of Billion customers in a Day. ~ Flipkart's Logic

"Go Big or Go Home"
    Challenge Accepted. We did Both. ~ Flipkart
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Ok, can't resist sharing the images that all people are tweeting or WhatsApping.

Just for laughs - Flipkart Billion Dollar Sale Jokes & Memes -

flipkart-billion-dollar-day-scam-jokes-memes-1

flipkart-billion-dollar-day-scam-jokes-memes-2

flipkart-billion-dollar-day-scam-jokes-memes-3

flipkart-billion-dollar-day-scam-jokes-memes-4

flipkart-billion-dollar-day-scam-jokes-memes-5

flipkart-billion-dollar-day-scam-jokes-memes-6
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Here is nice collection:-
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Suraj Patil
    Suraj Patil
    You know we can write a bot in python or php for that matter to flood twitter with "don't defraud customers", that way we'd get attention, this not only is dangerous for the startup culture in India but also for the retail industry.
    There used to be some standards, already flipkart's image isn't good among geeks, now even non geeks have started to hate it, thanks to the stupid trend.

This bot technique can be used if you want to make some point, that way if the customer care doesn't respond then write a bot to flood twitter, you'll be amazed by the speed at which things are escalated this way ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ankita Katdare
    Totally agree with #-Link-Snipped-#
    The biggest day for Flipkart is also a very sad day for the management and PR teams.
    Trending since yesterday on Twitter are hashtags like # FekuFlops and Flop Kart.

#-Link-Snipped-# shared that Flipkart's twitter account made a world record in saying 'Sorry' to thousands of customers mentioning @ Flipkart in their complaint tweets.

A friend wrote on Social Media:
    Let's lose Trust of Billion customers in a Day. ~ Flipkart's Logic

"Go Big or Go Home"
    Challenge Accepted. We did Both. ~ Flipkart
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Suraj Patil
    You know we can write a bot in python or php for that matter to flood twitter with "don't defraud customers", that way we'd get attention, this not only is dangerous for the startup culture in India but also for the retail industry.
    There used to be some standards, already flipkart's image isn't good among geeks, now even non geeks have started to hate it, thanks to the stupid trend.

This bot technique can be used if you want to make some point, that way if the customer care doesn't respond then write a bot to flood twitter, you'll be amazed by the speed at which things are escalated this way ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Bot, that would be using multiple accounts I guess, because one single account with multiple tweets in matter of seconds would lead to ban ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Suraj Patil
    Suraj Patil
    Sanyam Khurana
    Bot, that would be using multiple accounts I guess, because one single account with multiple tweets in matter of seconds would lead to ban ๐Ÿ˜›
    See, a bot is a set of instructions right? Our aim is to get attention of flipkart not of Twitter! We aren't planning a DDoS attack on Twitter, all we ought to do is create a bot that does this,

when the @Flipkart tweets something then reply it with the details of your complaint, you can do that on FB too, sending a tweet every second is against Twitter policy, and it would be stupid ๐Ÿ˜€

Other approach would be send a tweet every half hour ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Suraj Patil
    See, a bot is a set of instructions right? Our aim is to get attention of flipkart not of Twitter! We aren't planning a DDoS attack on Twitter, all we ought to do is create a bot that does this,

when the @Flipkart tweets something then reply it with the details of your complaint, you can do that on FB too, sending a tweet every second is against Twitter policy, and it would be stupid ๐Ÿ˜€

Other approach would be send a tweet every half hour ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I was referring to this thing ๐Ÿ˜€
    Suraj Patil
    You know we can write a bot in python or php for that matter to flood twitter with "don't defraud customers"
  • Suraj Patil
    Suraj Patil
    Sanyam Khurana
    I was referring to this thing ๐Ÿ˜€
    Yes, by flood I didn't mean a full on DDoS attack, I meant getting their attention via Twitter ๐Ÿ˜‰, so in effect it would be termed as a controlled flood. ๐Ÿ˜€

There was a guy who has actually done this, he created a bot for FB that replied to every status update that flipkart's fb page did saying, "I am so and so, I didn't get the customer support for number xyz", he got his problem solved within 24 hours ๐Ÿ˜€
  • avii
    avii
    Suraj Patil
    There used to be some standards, already flipkart's image isn't good among geeks
    oh yeah, really? why so?
  • avii
    avii
    Suraj Patil
    Yes, by flood I didn't mean a full on DDoS attack
    can you please tell me whats the difference between flood and DDoS?

and also can you tell me how to DDoS with a single bot?
  • Suraj Patil
    Suraj Patil
    avii
    can you please tell me whats the difference between flood and DDoS?

and also can you tell me how to DDoS with a single bot?
    I'm sorry, I meant DoS, a DDos is Distributed Denial of Service, DoS is denial of service,

a bot can do a DoS, which means you send a HTTP request continuously for each second, that way the server runs out of RAM to allocate for the HTTP connection.

a DDoS is when many such bots come together in a targetted attack from geographically different places.

The difference between flood and DoS is that a DoS means flooding continuously.
  • Suraj Patil
    Suraj Patil
    avii
    oh yeah, really? why so?
    I am not sure about it, but there are many negative reports about Flipkart as a company.
  • avii
    avii
    Suraj Patil
    The difference between flood and DoS is that a DoS means flooding continuously.
    DoS == Flood.
  • avii
    avii
    Suraj Patil
    I am not sure about it, but there are many negative reports about Flipkart as a company.
    how many? and how did you find out they all were geeks?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sachin and Binny did send a mail:-

Dear Customer,

Yesterday was a big day for us. And we really wanted it to be a great day for you. But at the end of the day, we know that your experience was less than pleasant. We did not live up to the promises we made and for that we are really and truly sorry.

It took enormous effort from everyone at Flipkart, many months of preparation and pushing our capabilities and systems to the limit to be able to create this day. We were looking at fulfilling the dreams of millions of Indian consumers through deals and offers we had painstakingly put together for months.

And though we saw unprecedented interest in our products and traffic like never before, we also realized that we were not adequately prepared for the sheer scale of the event. We didn't source enough products and deals in advance to cater to your requirements. To add to this, the load on our server led to intermittent outages, further impacting your shopping experience on our site.

An unprecedented 1.5 million people shopped at Flipkart yesterday. While we stand humbled by the sheer faith that such a large number of customers have shown in us, we are unhappy that we were unable to live up to the expectations of millions more who wanted to buy from us yesterday.

And this is not acceptable to us.

Delighting you, and every single one of our customers, is absolutely the top most priority for Flipkart and we have worked very hard over the last seven years to earn your trust. Yesterday, we failed that trust. We have learnt some valuable lessons from this and have started working doubly hard to address all the issues that cropped up during this sale.

Price Changes As we were preparing various deals and promotional pricing in the lead up to the sale, the pricing of several products got changed to their non-discounted rates for a few hours . We realise that this breaks the trust our customers have put in us. We are truly sorry for this and will ensure that this never happens again.

Out-of-stock Issues We ran out of the stock for many products within a few minutes (and in some cases, seconds) of the sale going live. For example, most of our special deals were sold out as soon as they went live. We had ensured availability, anywhere from hundreds to a few lakh units for various products, but it was nowhere near the actual demand. We promise to plan much better for future promotions and ensure that we minimise the out-of-stock issues.

Cancellations We had large number of people buying specific products simultaneously. This led to some instances of an order getting over-booked for a product that was sold out just a few seconds ago. We are working round-the-clock to ensure availability of additional units for these products and will do our level best to ensure that we minimise any cancellations.

Website Issues We realise that the shopping experience for many of you was frustrating due to errors and unavailability of the website at times. We had deployed nearly 5000 servers and had prepared for 20 times the traffic growth - but the volume of traffic at different times of the day was much higher than this. We are continuing to significantly scale up all our back end systems so that we do a much, much better job next time.

Everything that we have achieved at Flipkart is purely on the basis of our customer's trust and faith. This is why we come to work each day and continue to remain extremely passionate about building the best possible customer experience for Indian consumers. We failed to live up to this promise yesterday and would like to apologise once again to every single customer for our failure.

Thank you.

Sachin and Binny
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    First of all; I don't believe them!

Flipkart very well knew that there are going to be several thousand buyers and a lot more casual visitors. Preparing your system and servers to handle the traffic isn't a big deal provided Flipkart works with huge number of talented engineers.

It takes no IIT brain to figure out that every visitor would want to buy a pendrive for Rs. 1 and mobile phones for Rs.999. If they really cared, they should have disclosed the number of items they're offering for the price!

They're putting all the blame on servers and website. I wonder where are all the billion dollars are going? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Kaustubh Katdare

Dear Customer,

Yesterday was a big day for us. And we really wanted it to be a great day for you. But at the end of the day, we know that your experience was less than pleasant. We did not live up to the promises we made and for that we are really and truly sorry.

It took enormous effort from everyone at Flipkart, many months of preparation and pushing our capabilities and systems to the limit to be able to create this day. We were looking at fulfilling the dreams of millions of Indian consumers through deals and offers we had painstakingly put together for months.

And though we saw unprecedented interest in our products and traffic like never before, we also realized that we were not adequately prepared for the sheer scale of the event. We didn't source enough products and deals in advance to cater to your requirements. To add to this, the load on our server led to intermittent outages, further impacting your shopping experience on our site.

An unprecedented 1.5 million people shopped at Flipkart yesterday. While we stand humbled by the sheer faith that such a large number of customers have shown in us, we are unhappy that we were unable to live up to the expectations of millions more who wanted to buy from us yesterday.

Delighting you, and every single one of our customers, is absolutely the top most priority for Flipkart and we have worked very hard over the last seven years to earn your trust. Yesterday, we failed that trust. We have learnt some valuable lessons from this and have started working doubly hard to address all the issues that cropped up during this sale.

Price Changes As we were preparing various deals and promotional pricing in the lead up to the sale, the pricing of several products got changed to their non-discounted rates for a few hours . We realise that this breaks the trust our customers have put in us. We are truly sorry for this and will ensure that this never happens again.

Out-of-stock Issues We ran out of the stock for many products within a few minutes (and in some cases, seconds) of the sale going live. For example, most of our special deals were sold out as soon as they went live. We had ensured availability, anywhere from hundreds to a few lakh units for various products, but it was nowhere near the actual demand. We promise to plan much better for future promotions and ensure that we minimise the out-of-stock issues.

Cancellations We had large number of people buying specific products simultaneously. This led to some instances of an order getting over-booked for a product that was sold out just a few seconds ago. We are working round-the-clock to ensure availability of additional units for these products and will do our level best to ensure that we minimise any cancellations.

Website Issues We realise that the shopping experience for many of you was frustrating due to errors and unavailability of the website at times. We had deployed nearly 5000 servers and had prepared for 20 times the traffic growth - but the volume of traffic at different times of the day was much higher than this. We are continuing to significantly scale up all our back end systems so that we do a much, much better job next time.

Everything that we have achieved at Flipkart is purely on the basis of our customer's trust and faith. This is why we come to work each day and continue to remain extremely passionate about building the best possible customer experience for Indian consumers. We failed to live up to this promise yesterday and would like to apologise once again to every single customer for our failure.

Thank you.

Sachin and Binny
    To whom was this sent?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anoop Mathew
    To whom was this sent?
    Not sure. I guess people who bought items or everyone. If you are registered with them, you should get the mail.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Not sure. I guess people who bought items or everyone. If you are registered with them, you should get the mail.
    Yeah, I just checked my mail and i did get one 'copy' of it. ๐Ÿ˜’
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I logged in just to share that email. I bought few items long ago. Now I dont trust the prices and dont trust flipkart!
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    BuyHatke addon is awesome, it showed me the price variation and when I checked for several other product and 95% pricing was scam.

Off-topic but, on Monday I bought a headphone from amazon and BuyHatke automatically applied coupon worth 25% off ๐Ÿ˜.
    (I didn't tried for any coupon because amazon price was lowest with Amazon fulfilled, it saved around INR. 250).
    BuyHatke FTW๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  • manjifera
    manjifera
    Lol now ... Drama starts!! Sudden fall in business leads to email to customers... ๐Ÿ˜›

Dear Customer,

blha blha blha.... ๐Ÿ˜

I think today they have experienced lowest business even in recent day!
  • avii
    avii
    manjifera
    I think today they have experienced lowest business even in recent day!
    Not really. They have been caught altering prices at earlier sales also.
  • Rauf
    Rauf
    Apologies from Flipkart CEO's Sachin and Binny

Check out this email : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# this the mail from flipkart i received

Dear Customer,

Price Changes As we were preparing various deals and promotional pricing in the lead up to the sale, the pricing of several products got changed to their non-discounted rates for a few hours. We realise that this breaks the trust our customers have put in us. We are truly sorry for this and will ensure that this never happens again.

Thank you.
    Sachin and Binny
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Kaustubh Katdare
    First of all; I don't believe them!

Flipkart very well knew that there are going to be several thousand buyers and a lot more casual visitors. Preparing your system and servers to handle the traffic isn't a big deal provided Flipkart works with huge number of talented engineers.

It takes no IIT brain to figure out that every visitor would want to buy a pendrive for Rs. 1 and mobile phones for Rs.999. If they really cared, they should have disclosed the number of items they're offering for the price!

They're putting all the blame on servers and website. I wonder where are all the billion dollars are going? ๐Ÿ˜€
    To be honest, if someone is offering a pendrive for Re. 1 or a phone for INR 999 whose actual cost is actually a few thousand; everyone would try to grab that, regardless if s/he wants it or not. And that's why this is India. ๐Ÿ˜

Yesterday, a blogger was constantly updating feed and his followers were sharing it. Result was someone from Flipkart contacted him about what the issue was.
    Seriously the language used by him was 'sms type' and then after much of talk he mentioned that there were only 100 items each that were offered for less.

Seriously, this is not any fault with servers, and to be honest, if any one is running a company so big and having an offer for whole India to purchase, 100 items is like giving a drop of water in an ocean. If they had just 100 items to be offered, then it's not Big Billion Day, no one can expect to get so called huge discounts.

They have just let the trust broken and nothing else.

Moreover, they are talking about discounts? Seriously?
    Aren't they ashamed of the fact that despite of their so called Big Billion Day, sites like Amazon and Snapeal were offering same products for less.

They just wanted to create a hype to sell their products and nothing else.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    [โ€‹IMG]
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    and meanwhile at Flipkart Headquarters

[โ€‹IMG]
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    And though we saw unprecedented interest in our products and traffic like never before,
    Big LOL ! The way you have done advertising and saying we saw unprecedented !! LOL again.
  • Suraj Patil
    Suraj Patil
    Kaustubh Katdare

Dear Customer,

Thank you.

Sachin and Binny
    I totally agree, any person with a sane mind would know that if you sell things at ridiculous prices then people will flock your servers, and it wasn't about the servers people are mad about, it is the stupidity of products getting out of stock 1 millisecond after your sale starts.

avii
    DoS == Flood.
    No No, DoS is a severe level of flood.

avii
    how many? and how did you find out they all were geeks?
    Because I read it on a geek portal someday, I don't recollect which one.
  • Rauf
    Rauf
    After Flopkart, Indiatimes is now offering products at Huge Discounts. Starting at Rs 1

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    So, who here is geared up about Steal Deals on 10th October on Amazon?
    ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜โ˜•
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Ankita Katdare
    ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜โ˜•
    Or may be Flipkart did scam on purpose to loose people interest in such sales โ˜•โ˜•โ˜• ๐Ÿ˜ด
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Ankita Katdare
    ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜โ˜•
    Even before that they have started giving things (product samples to be exact) at Rs. 1 everyday at 10am. They seem to have plenty of stock everyday as I was able to pick one at Rs. 1 at 10:02am
    Offer details: #-Link-Snipped-#

PS: After buying I found that they will not be shipping them until December. ๐Ÿ‘€
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Plus Amazon India know Jeff Bezos mantra
    รข€œIf you make customers unhappy in the physical world, they might each tell six friends. If you make customers unhappy on the Internet, they can each tell 6,000.รข€
    Source: #-Link-Snipped-#
    They would not be trying anything stupid.
  • deepankar2323
    deepankar2323
    i got a tab ...hopefully it will be deliever soon...;0)
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    deepankar2323
    i got a tab ...hopefully it will be deliever soon...;0)
    Show us the transaction in Flipkart website or it didn't happen.

BTW, did anyone tried Newegg.com to purchase electronics product ? How is the service ?
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I officially hate flipkart now. Ordered a TV on big billion day. They said it will be delivered the day after. Next day they rescheduled the delivery for next day saying I requested for it and I didn't have any clue! Exact same thing happened next day. The day after that the delivery guy calls me up at 2 in afternoon in office while I scheduled delivery in the evening. I come back at 5 and he says he has left already and will deliver it tomorrow! And the cycle repeats. You call their customer care, they say sir we are gonna deliver it as soon as possible.Nobody picks up the phone at ekart logistics. And today I got a mail saying it will be delivered in 4 business days. And yeah, cherry on the top is no cancellation and no refund!

So, dear Sachin and binny, your apology letter doesn't mean shit to me! Grow up and Stop. Cheating. People.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Here we go:

#-Link-Snipped-#

Though I don't see anything wrong with selling product on low prices, but I guess govt should come and regulate stuff so that retail traders don't go out of business. Plus any idea what that FEMA violation is?
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    They are now not providing Student's discount ๐Ÿ˜”

๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Handa Ka Funda is an online platform for CAT preparation founded by Ravi Handa in the year 2013. Ravi Handa teaches Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation to thousands...
Intex Technologies has launched a new smartphone known as 'Intex Aqua Y2 Pro' that is priced below Rs. 5,000 and offers a 1 GHz MediaTek (MT6572) Dual Core processor running...
Both landline and mobile calls made within India will be banned by Skype starting November 10. The reasons for this move have not been published by Microsoft (Skype's owner) yet....
Hello, i am a senior student at my institute and we are going to design a light weight electric car as our final project. My topic is 'Suspension systems of...