FIX: OSX keyboard keys 'K, I, O, M' etc. not working?

I formatted my Macbook Air and installed a fresh copy of OSX Sierra. I ran the setup and to my surprised specific keys: K, I, O, M (and maybe few others) didn't not work. My first obvious thought was to check if I've selected the correct keyboard layout. I tried setting it to British and US English; but that didn't work.

At a point when I was about to GIVE UP and almost thought of removing the keys, cleaning them up and restoring them; I found out this magic solution!

Head over to: Settings (System Preferences) -> Accessibility -> Mouse & Trackpad. Then disable the option shown in following screenshot.

osx-keyboard-not-working

...God-like music will play, there will be a bright light, bells will ring and ...your keyboard will be back to its full glory.

If this fix works for you, do not forget to thank me.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Curious to know how many of our fellow engineers decide whether they want to use the product based upon the underlying technology that powers it? For example, if I were...
Clad in premium metal designs, Lava has unveiled a pair of mid-range smartphones Z10 and Z25 with 4G VoLTE support at INR 11,500 and INR 18,000 respectively. Both the handsets...
NASA scientists have integrated the deep space atomic clock (DSAC) with the Orbital Test Bed (OTB) satellite to be launched into the orbit towards end of the year. This atomic...
German premium automaker Porsche has unveiled the second-generation of the four-door sedan Panamera Turbo series, comprising of the Panamera Turbo, Panamera Turbo Executive and the Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo in...
Google Maps has introduced one of the most useful features ever - real-time location sharing for individuals. This new feature will immediately solve one big problem - precisely navigate your...