Fix Firefox Search Bar Related Issues: Keyword.URL

I recently installed Incredimail and found that it altered the default search engine settings in the URL bar. That is, when instead of entering URL, if I entered a keyword and pressed 'Enter', Firefox would take me to some different search engine called 'MyStart' and not to Google. I discovered a fix for this and sharing it with all of you -

1. Open a new tab in firefox.
2. Type about:config and press enter.
3. Proceed to the options by saying 'You'll be careful' while editing the settings.
4. Search for 'mystart' or keyword.URL in the 'FILTER'.

Now right click on the row and select 'reset'.

Done! Your default search engine will be restored. I hope you will find this useful 😀

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Binary Search is one way to find some element, say ITEM, in a linear (one dimensional) array which is sorted in some order. This order may be ascending or descending...
Can someone post the selection process in caterpillar? I could not find out the previous year placement papers of caterpillar. Please share some of the questions in this thread.
Thanks to the advancement in the technology and the simultaneous growth of human knowledge, technology does not seem safe anymore. One of the leading blogging tool and publisher tool, WordPress...
Hi Guys, I am person not on java platform still I have to develop J2ME application which has became mandatory for me , so please can you tell any j2me...
thu 5:26 ​i am using the windows 7 to my sys from last 1week i got the error message when i am trying to open the my sys...