Five of the best: Apple iPad apps

iWork suite: Apple has created a version of its iWork productivity suite optimised for the large, touch-screen interface of the iPad. Users can download the three programs – Pages, the word processing tool; Numbers, the spreadsheet program; and Keynote, for presentations – at a cost of $9.99 each. All of the controls and functions have been tailored so they can be easily manipulated by hand, rather than the click of a mouse. Ideal for creating simple documents on the go, or making last minute changes before a big meeting.

Wolfram Periodic Table: Hailed by Stephen Fry as reason enough to splash out on an iPad, this wonderful app brings the Periodic Table of the Elements to glorious life. The app is packed with information, as you would expect from the people behind the Wolfram Alpha computational search engine, while the graphics and illustrations are beautiful.

Scrabble: This is the app that Scrabble fiends have been waiting for. It takes full advantage of the iPad's vast 9.7in screen, and even uses a player's iPhone or iPod touch as a "rack" for the Scrabble tiles, giving even more screen space to the virtual board itself. Players simply "flick" the tiles from their iPhone on to the iPad, et voila.
Marvel App: Your favourite comics and graphic novels look even better on the iPad's pin-sharp screen than they do in a printed magazine. It uses a similar interface to Apple's ebook software, iBooks, enabling users to flick through cover art, tap on a comic to pull up a synopsis, and download titles to read on the go.

Mixr: Music games and apps have always been popular on the iPhone and iPod touch, so the larger screen of the iPad should see them really coming in to their own. Mixr calls itself the 'first ever professional DJ application' for the iPad, allowing budding disc jockeys to mix and cross-fade tracks, add delays and auto filters, and do all of the scratching and cueing you'd get from a physical deck.

these ultimate applications are launched by apple inc. check out more :Five of the best: Apple iPad apps

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Source: WordPress › Blog WordPress 3.0, Beta 1 WordPress lovers: Here's something that's nothing less than FANTASTIC! WordPress 3.0 beta has been released and it's got great new features! Most...
hiii but how can i make the grip of the arm i have keep in mind to balence of centre of gravity and it can move thorugh the inclined also...😁
Hey guys, I want to do industrial training this summer for at least two weeks. This is a part of our curriculum and we have one credit for it. I...
Seen a video on YouTube recently, that you liked a lot ? Share it here with us😀 As the name suggests, this thread is dedicated for videos related to the...
I have come to know about CAD electrical. Is it important for designing circuits,models ? In our syllabus CAD is not taught in electrical engineering. Is there any course for...