CrazyEngineers
  • Hi guys,

I'm a first year ee student, so I havent even begun to touch the surface of any hard, complicated problems. I'm just wondering if anyone on here could give me a heads up on anything I could/should study beforehand so that Im prepared when I do take the classes.

thanks,

Dorin
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorOct 4, 2011

Re: General Question

Begin reading the lessons before they are taught in classes. Read about the elementary topics like voltage difference, current flow, units of measurement and try to visualize everything in your mind. Wikipedia articles about the basic terminologies used in electrical/electronics engineering should be a good starting point. You can even try building your own, simple circuits 😀 It's quite interesting, actually. Electronics For You is a good site where you can find tons of projects that will help you get started.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Arp

MemberOct 4, 2011

in the first year or first semester hopefully machines not come to u. so i recommend to u to read the basic laws of physics. specifically if u cant read the physics as i suppose everyone so read the first chapter only of pc sen. read it as many times as you can and master it then machines become simple for u
    Cancel
  • lisa_88

MemberOct 6, 2011

Totally endorse Big_K
    Cancel
  • dorin567

MemberOct 11, 2011

Thanks for the responses....what do you guys think about Sparkfun electronics or instrucables.com as more of a hands on approach to learning some of these concepts.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register