"First Bench or Last Bench"-which is Good

This question always arise in our mind. First bench or last bench in a class is better to get success?

I always think about a quote said by Bill gates "If you want to pass in exams, ask first bench students. If you want to get success in your life, ask last bench students." Do last bench students always get success? Why the success does not come for first bench students?

P.S: I am from middle bench. Why people don't talk about middle benchπŸ˜”

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Last benchers like to think outside the box. They may often do things just opposite to what the teachers advise them to do. They are the fun loving kind mostly. But not all last benchers are successful in life, and not all first benchers pass in exams. Exams depend on luck and hard-work equally. It does help if you are attentive in class, but I've seen guys who mess around in class yet get good scores. And some of them were last benchers too.

Actually what Bill Gates meant is to not be studious at all times, and try to balance social life with student life, just like last benchers. Most first benchers produce zero output when it comes to real life scenarios like making good friends and getting used to certain situations. Last benchers on the other hand have already experienced stress/mental/happy/crazy situations like jumping out of class, creating pranks, standing in front of the principal, getting beaten up for misbehavior, etc. They would have thoroughly enjoyed their lives along with studying part, although most of them sleep in class. But that's the whole point. Life is not to be just dealt with by gaining knowledge. Experience in versatile fields also counts. And those fields are to be experienced by each person.

So get outside studies/knowledge/your think bubble and start acting is what Bill Gates means. What do you think?

P.S.: Am a middle bencher too. This reply is purely from my personal point of view.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    In Andhra 'Varsity students of all honours courses had some common classes for maths, Physics and Chemistry. Since a large number of students were involved these were held in the common lecture hall with tiers of rising seats. In these classes, I would occupy the farthest possible seat usually alone.
    In my own speciality, I would occupy the very front seat again usually alone. Even as a fresher I used to spend time with the PhD scholars in their late night experiments. I just love hands on experiments (even now) In one lecture on thermodynamics (taken by the HOD himself) I was right out at front fast asleep. We liked each other. He shook me awake and asked questions on the second law. Since that is a subject I like I handled that part all right. I was let off with an injunction to go wash my face and wake up.

I pass on the debate on grounds of disqualification of having been in both places.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm quite sure that front bench and last bench has nothing to do with success in life.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    I'm quite sure that front bench and last bench has nothing to do with success in life.
    I second Biggie. It doesn't matter.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    anoopthefriend
    So get outside studies/knowledge/your think bubble and start acting is what Bill Gates means. What do you think?
    Thinking brings innovations. As you said, Bill Gates might have pointed out experience will bring success.

πŸ˜€
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    The_Big_K
    I have seen some of my friends, prefer first bench. Is there anything secrets in first bench?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    aarthivg
    I have seen some of my friends, prefer first bench. Is there anything secrets in first bench?
    It just assure to be in eye of Lecturer and get good internal marks πŸ˜› ......
    What is important , if Lecturer is good just listen carefully... otherwise be in class to make sure you will not fall short attendance.

P.S: I am from middle bench. Why people don't talk about middle bench
    I liked to be there... good place to sleep during boring lectures 😁
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I preferred the middle bench when the schedule used to be hectic and a quick nap would go unnoticed by the lecturer. Sometimes the last benches did not work because, the lecturers seemed to be very interested in targeting us. But, the most fun times + intellectually stimulating talks always happened on the last benches.
    Like #-Link-Snipped-# said the first benchers were too busy being the apple of teacher's eye.
  • Lalit77
    Lalit77
    n wat about middle benchers....
  • Lalit77
    Lalit77
    All the bookworms always prefer prefer first benches....I saw them unemployed throughout whole campus recruitement....
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Lalit77
    Myself being the middle bench, most of the time use to draw something in my notes and lecture used to think I am writing running notes😁
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Lalit77
    #-Link-Snipped-# Please don't use sms lingo
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Tagging: #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# Are first bench students of my class. Need your view
  • ishwariya
    ishwariya
    aarthivg
    This question always arise in our mind. First bench or last bench in a class is better to get success?

I always think about a quote said by Bill gates "If you want to pass in exams, ask first bench students. If you want to get success in your life, ask last bench students." Do last bench students always get success? Why the success does not come for first bench students?

because last bench students learn about life and probably first bench students learn oly their subjects...feel the difference #-Link-Snipped-#
  • geerthi
    geerthi
    aarthivg

it doesn't matter where u sit... al tat matters is those friends who make life wonderful πŸ˜€
  • ishwariya
    ishwariya
    aarthivg
    Tagging: #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# Are first bench students of my class. Need your view
    what is the need for tag here ?? it is not needed i think.. #-Link-Snipped-#
  • aravindharaj
    aravindharaj
    As a 1st bench student i got more advantages, like putting attendance to my friends while they not attended the class, mark assignments without submission, also staffs wont consider 1st bench in a problem situation even easily adopt with staffs. I have enjoyed alot as a 1st bench student except studying πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
  • ishwariya
    ishwariya
    aravindharaj
    As a 1st bench student i got more advantages, like putting attendance to my friends while they not attended the class, mark assignments without submission, also staffs wont consider 1st bench in a problem situation even easily adopt with staffs. I have enjoyed alot as a 1st bench student except studying πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
    i agree with you all mischeif can be done even in first bench apart from studies....but none can doubt the first bench students thats the added advantage .....
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    I always prefer first row either in college or in meetings or in functions or any. Don't know about others but I can't sit in the back row and concentrate on speakers, may be this is because of I got habituated for front seats from the K.G. And back row people keeps on chitchatting/ sleeping/ eating as they know that the speakers can't find them. And I'm a very serious listener to the lecturers/speakers whatever they say.
    And there is nothing in the benches or rows. Benches or bench members can't influence one. It is just based on one's attitude.
  • Lalit77
    Lalit77
    chalta hai yar...if u understood wat I mean 2 say den its enough....
  • aravindharaj
    aravindharaj
    ishwariya
    i agree with you all mischeif can be done even in first bench apart from studies....but none can doubt the first bench students thats the added advantage .....
    exactly πŸ˜€
  • BRAHMADATH S
    BRAHMADATH S
    You can hear things well if u r seating in d first row...
    You can see things well if u r seating in d last row...
    (dont get any bad idea.)
    Students with high hesitation are back benchers and also som1 of 'em don't want to interfere in wat s happening in the class as well as dey don't want anyone else to get interfered in there doings...(txting, playing games, having snacks..murmering... writing assignments...browsing over)
  • nibhani
    nibhani
    i thi
    aarthivg

i think that last bench students are genrally good because if we sit on first bench then teacher will concentrate on us more and if the lecture of that teacher will be boring then we can't do some another work freely...and if we will sit on last bench then we can enjoy if we want to enjoy and we can study if we want to study....so last bench is best...
  • yorha 2b
    yorha 2b
    I can't understand first bench - last bench sitting relation with success.
    Myself, I can't stuck only to last bench or first bench entire day .... In some lectures i prefer last bench, while some on first & in some lectures on middle bench ... while in some lectures I am in Sport's room πŸ˜›
  • TaraJava
    TaraJava
    yea when i was a child my dad use to tell me try to stay in front rows. But i love last benches ,there's nothing like first and last its about the matter of choice. There are many schools where student sitting on the last benches can't hear to their teachers. So the solution is to fix the class make the sound to travel all around the class. Everyone can't be on first benches someone must fulfill the last benches too.
    I don't think there is the class in the world that makes every student sit in the first bench haha. So lets think to design a class like that booom
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    aarthivg
    that's surprising. most of my friends and the guys in the class prefer the last bench, and upto this day i do not know what is there about the front bench that scares them.
  • Rekha Tripathi
    Rekha Tripathi

Who is last bencher for example

• Vinay Mishra
    Vinay Mishra

Don't think much about first or last.

Sit on the bench you are comfortable at.

It's that simple!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Qualifications: Must have been coding in PHP for at least 3 years Good exposure to Linux systems Good exposure to MySQL and writing SQL queries Familiar with HTML/CSS/JS Strong go-getter...
Hey! i am Devesh Rajpal and i am pursuing my B.tech in Civil Engineering.
how is digital television signal propagated
how is fm sampled digitally
Google's Jelly Bean powered tablet, Google Nexus 7 is expected to launch in India in the month of October. The price of the tablet is yet to be decided. The...