Firefox's New Interface "Australis" - Opinions

Mozilla UI design team has been working on the new Australis interface for quite a few weeks now and the good news is that it's now available to test on the Firefox Nightly Build Channel - #-Link-Snipped-#. On the first glance, it looks like a themed version of Google Chrome and the curved tabs seemed to have found their source of inspiration in Chrome. One of the interesting changes is with the 'Back' button. The Back Button will pop-out a 'Forward' button only when you click on it. That should act as a space saver.

My brief testing on the nightly build did not produce any bugs and the UI does look nice. I hope on laptops, it's not heavy on the battery. I'm refraining from performing tests and drawing conclusion before the interface makes it to the Gold version.

Firefox-Australis

Looking forward to your opinions on the new Australis interface.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Australis does look beautiful. Imma test unstable branch 'now'!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Skype has now arrived in an updated version on Windows 8.1, which makes sure that it keeps up with the latest Windows multitasking features. Those who download the new Skype...
Ray Ban Sunglasses will now pass off all levels of cool, because the next time you take them out when the Sun is over head, you can have them charge...
Are you scared of heights, yet want to fly? Say hello to StreetFlyer - the electric bike that lets you fly on three wheels a few inches above the ground....
Students at Colorado School Of Mines have developed a cool tricycle under the supervision of Dr. Mehring and it looks incredibly cool. I'd have loved to take a test ride;...
The corporate hierarchy is an interesting structure and I've failed to understand it. The typical growth of an engineer within an organization follows this path- Intern / Fresh Grad ->...