Fire watch requirements

at a visit to one of our clients i suggested to mention the fire watch requirements in the hot work permit, i was asked to show where it was written in the standards, i can show the fire watch requirement in NFPA but in India not everyone follows NFPA guidelines, this is a petroleum refinery. Please help if anyone knows where is it mentioned in any of the Indian standards, codes

Replies

• albert369
    albert369
    archlpe
    at a visit to one of our clients i suggested to mention the fire watch requirements in the hot work permit, i was asked to show where it was written in the standards, i can show the fire watch requirement in NFPA but in India not everyone follows NFPA guidelines, this is a petroleum refinery. Please help if anyone knows where is it mentioned in any of the Indian standards, codes
    hi am agree with u i now vary well your r right .i like your equation and respect your question
  • archlpe
    archlpe
    😀, when it comes to firefighting standards it becomes very difficult to prove recommendations, as national building code of India alone doesn't suffice all the time
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    archlpe
    Is this of any use?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • archlpe
    archlpe
    bioramani
    Is this of any use?
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Sir, the file is useful indeed. It touches most of the areas including running hose and extinguisher requirements.
    The issue i put before them was related to what NFPA 51B says, i.e., "A fire watch shall be maintained at least ½ hour after the completion of hot work in order to detect and extinguish smoldering fires.
    More than one fire watch shall be required if combustible materials that could be ignited by the hot work operation cannot be directly observed by the initial fire watch".
    The problem is i could not find this in some Indian Rules (may be there exists one).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I m sufol from Bangladesh. I'm a computer science engineer and I look forward to some interesting CS / IT stuff here.
😎hey frnds this is dhuruv and i m trainer in ethical hacking institute for phising technique but i m not satisfy with this actually i want to go at the...
its my technical seminar documentation 'ovonic unified memory'....which uses ovonic material 'chalcogenide'..no loss of data..more flexible..more no. of read/write cycles than conventional memory..
CEans, We told you this time it's about your friends. We even told you that 'this is just the beginning'. Today we are happy to announce our super-cool facility to...
Hey, I am 3rd year E&C engineering student. I just wanted to know if the pcb design training is useful? I spoke to many people and they said that its...