@Kaustubh Katdare • 04 Aug, 2008
The series is -

12,12,18,45,180,1170,?

What's the next number in above series?
@bayazidahmed • 07 Aug, 2008 12285

Shall I give the solution or wait for some one else to rattle their brain and figure it out?
@Kaustubh Katdare • 07 Aug, 2008
bayazidahmed

Shall I give the solution or wait for some one else to rattle their brain and figure it out?
😁 Wait!

If no one replies in next 24 hours, post the explanation!
@bayazidahmed • 09 Aug, 2008 I am too busy to post the explanation now. I'll leave it for another 24 hours.
@mahul • 09 Aug, 2008 Yep, my answer matches with that of bayazidahmed, 12285.

Here's the solution:

Lets name the general term of the sequence T(n)

The sequence (say R(n)) where R(n)=T(n+1)/T(n)
is 1,1.5,2.5,4,6.5...

The sequnece (say S(n)) where S(n)=R(n+1)-R(n)
is 0.5,1,1.5,2.5....

Thus S(n) can be thought of a fibonacci style sequence where S(n)=S(n-1)+S(n-2)
Considering this relation, the next term in S(n) would be 1.5+2.5=4

Considering this, the next trem in R(n) would be 6.5+4=10.5

Thus the next term in T(n)=1170*10.5 = 12285

Related Posts

I thought of compiling a list of the coolest and the best whatsapp group names that you've been using for your respective groups. For the sake of convenience, we'll stick...
A simple good bye email or last working day mail ain't cool! We've some awesome templates that you can use. If you're looking for an amazing Last Working Day email...
Hello CEans, How to convert CGPA (10 Point Scale) to Percentage? Please help!
I heard many students are having a trouble registering on the TCS Portal, when it's quite straightforward actually. If you have problem in attaching photos or CV, Use internet explorer...
What is IES or Indian Engineering Services Exam? Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) conducts the Engineering Services Exam or ESE 2016 is an entrance exam for graduates who wish to...