Find the missing number..

3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, ___

a)19
b)21
c)23
d)25

How can I start with such problems? Please give me a general idea to solve such questions.

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    the next no. is 19 and then 23. The sequence consists of prime numbers.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    us1903
    3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, ___

a)19
    b)21
    c)23
    d)25

How can I start with such problems? Please give me a general idea to solve such questions.
    To tell you the truth, the only way to get better at cracking such problems is to solve as many problems as you can and paying attention to the way it has been cracked.

Also, try to form your own questions from existing questions and solve them. For example, can you give me a number before the first number in the series (3)?

๐Ÿ˜€

Options -

1)1
    2)2
    3)N/A
    4)0
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Is the answer is 19? For Big_K's question, answer is 2? Am I right?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    2 is the only even prime ๐Ÿ˜€
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    The_Big_K
    2 is the only even prime ๐Ÿ˜€
    Doesn't matter , it is prime .๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    cool...the answer by The BIG K is correct but if none minds i have a small correction in that one.
    For solving these kind of problems we need to have a thorough knowledge of what are actually numbers.
    they are not only 0-9 but they have many types and characteristics.
    i can suggest a book QA for CAT by Arun Sharma.
    if you know the characteristics of numbers you can easily find the solutions , and as BIG K said after getting the basics solve books like Puzzles from Shakunthala Devi. i am sure in about 1 month you will be able to answer all the queastions of that sort.
  • mata
    mata
    us1903
    3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, ___

a)19
    b)21
    c)23
    d)25

hey it's very simple............ans is 19 . just check all are prime no.s.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, If i have a problem of changing: d^2 (k^1/2)/ dx^2 + d^2(k^1/2)/dx^2 = 0 to d^2 (phi)/ dx^2 + d^2(phi)/dx^2 = 0 and given that T = k^1/2*phi...
hello guys i m new on this site and looking for help , well i m student of mechanical engineering and i want help from u guys actually i have...
Hi all, Just finished this book. It's "Banker to the poor: The story of the grameen bank". Ever heard of it? It's by Muhammad Yunus, winner of the 2006 nobel...
Hi Everyone, I want the Difference between finalize method and Finally method in .NET and when exactly the garbage collector calls these methods. What does Dispose method does.
Hello friends, Can anyone tell the description and some related questions of garbage collector and Common language runtime. Any links of frequently asked questions on these topics