Find Serial Number & Model Number Of Computer Via Console Command Prompt

If you wish to find the serial number of your computer, you can easily do so with following commands on the command prompt:

wmic bios get serialnumber
The model number of your computer can be displayed by following command -

wmic csproduct get name, identifyingnumber 

Replies

• Shobhan Mankad
    Shobhan Mankad
    i just got a message saying " Serial Number" , thats it nothing further
  • Reya
    Reya
    I got the serial no and the product name via cmd prompt.
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    I am with "shobhan mankad" same thing happened for me.😔
  • Shobhan Mankad
    Shobhan Mankad
    is it like only for laptop ? not for desktop ?

cool thnx gg_gaurav
  • mayanksurana
    mayanksurana
    it really works
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Looks like this is Operating System specific. I tried it on Windows 7 home edition and it works perfectly. Which OS are you using?
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    I am using XP service pack 3 on my desktop
  • Shobhan Mankad
    Shobhan Mankad
    i am using windows 7 ultimate

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Minecraft is a software game about placing blocks to build anything you can imagine. [video=youtube;kn2-d5a3r94]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn2-d5a3r94[/video] The video was uploaded by Youtuve ID halnicholas Here's what he has to say about...
NASA-funded researchers have evidence that some building blocks of DNA, the molecule that carries the genetic instructions for life, found in meteorites were likely created in space. The research gives...
Presently water (treated) is extensively used worldwide in thermal power generation .The three factors mainly in favor of water being 1) abundantly available in nature 2) can be converted in...
The designers take utmost care for heat recovery from fuels while designing power plant equipments as well as preservation of it for maximum utilization .With advent of better heat insulation...
New Delhi: The six new Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) are set to make a radical break from tradition by doing away with the group discussion (GD) that forms a...