Find current and voltage using a schematic

[​IMG]

I need to find current (labeled I) and voltage (labeled V).

I got I = 7.426 mA and V = 7.426V but I think it's wrong.

I know the formulas and all, but I just need to know how to combine the resistors (which ones are in parallel and which ones are in series?) I know that R3 and R4 are in series so I combine them and get 2k equivalent resistance. After that point, I don't know how to combine the rest of the resistors. Can someone help me out?

NOTE: I'm not asking anyone to do all the math and tell me the numbers!! I just want to know how to combine the rest of the resistors after R3 and R4 have been combined

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    shaqtus
    [​IMG]

I need to find current (labeled I) and voltage (labeled V). I got I = 7.426 mA and V = 7.426V but I think it's wrong.
    R3 + R4 = 2k as you said. This is in parallel with R5. Find this value say R2L (2nd loop).

R2L is in series with R2. Find the value. Say R2B (Second branch)

R2B is in parallel with R6. Find this value say R1L (first loop).

I = 5/(R1 + R1L)

Now for the voltages. You can easily find Voltage across R1L (R1 & R1L are in series). Say V1L.

V1L is across R2 + R2L. Find voltage across R2L. Say V2L.

V2L is across R3 and R4. It is easy now to get V.

There may be a simpler way. Perhaps the grey beards in electrical field may pitch in with a simpler solution.
  • shaqtus
    shaqtus
    Thanks. I got I = 0.0003A and V=0.635V . Could you please verify my work?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    shaqtus
    Thanks. I got I = 0.0003A and V=0.635V . Could you please verify my work?
    I get I =0.5849 ma and v = 172 mV

The answer given here seems to be correct:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

PROBLEM in Engineering/Physics Prepare Corn on the cob ready to butter and eat with NO SILK. CR4 - Thread: Problem in Engineering/Physics [video=youtube;YnBF6bv4Oe4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnBF6bv4Oe4[/video]
hey guys i am a IT engi,want some technical events for TECH FEST. plzzzzzzzzzzz help me....
In july, there was the off campus of amdocs company through referral but i didn't had so i asked my friend for it. I didn't get any reply. Then last...
I am waiting for companies off campus. But it seems no company is hiring freshers this year. Please senior if anyone have any information about off campus planned for 2011...
NVIDIA has expanded GeForce LAN to India that was held on 14th October 2011 in the city of Mumbai. The event saw more than 600 Indian and International gamers competing...