Final Year Project on Straight Lines

Hi fellow crazy engineers!

For my final year project at University I have been tasked with creating a device that generates a straight line, or moverment in a straight line and building a prototype for an application of my choice.

As I have to make a prototype my research suggests that some kind of mechanical linkage seems to be the best solution (i.e. some modifaction of Peaucellier-Lipkin Linkage) I am, however, struggling to come up with any applications to design the actuall device for. My only real ideas so far have been an alternat mechanism for winding a car window or alternative moverment for windscreen wipers.

I was wonding if anyone had any suggestion that could help inspire me

(I posted this in the Mechanical Forum but then noticed this one)

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft on Wednesday said it is fixing a bug in Bing that allowed spammers to bypass spam filters and distribute malicious links. Researchers at Webroot Software discovered a spam campaign...
Hong Kong: Companies in Asia are set to offer bigger pay rises next year as the region continues to rebound from global recession, notably in India where base salary levels...
Hello CEans, Response to CE Colloquium is exceptional 😀. We are currently going through 20 final entries. We had to reject few entries because the contestants did not follow the...
Discuss the announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...colloquium-update-finalists-being-chosen.html in this thread.
Hello friends.. I want to transmit 40 kHZ square wave signal from 89c51RD2 pin over a distance of 25-30 meters and drive an Infrared LED(it requires about 50-100mA current) with...