Final Year Project Idea: Online Resume Management System

Perhaps few students will find this idea useful and implementable for their final/third year projects.

Scenario: Every organization gets tons of resumes every day from various candidates. These resumes contain lot of useful information which needs to be managed properly. So, think about solving this problem through an online resume management system. Here's a sample set of proposed features which you may want to include in your system -

1. Extraction of information from .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt files.
2. Proper organization of information (Ex: Candidate Name, Experience Level, Technology Knowledge, Skillset, Past Employment etc.)
3. Resume status: More than 6 months old? Has the resume expired (if >12 months old, etc.)
4. Candidate Status linked to resume: Is the candidate selected for written test, interview? Is the resume rejected? Has the candidate joined already? etc.

I hope this will get you started. Think on your own and develop one. If you need help, feel free to ask. I'm sure CEans here are full of great ideas! 😀

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Great Idea , this system is implemented in Mcafee company site and few other sites.
    But Our resume format and the extraction code doesnt work very well. It is extracting around 60 percent of information from Profile. So if you guys trying for it want some hands on check in the careers section of Nokia or mcAfee.
  • brad12
    brad12
    hi I am trying to find out the resume format for Technical person , I didn't get it I have many more confusion , so any help for this ..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I know this has been done already; but it wouldn't harm if you try to build it on your own. The idea is simple - Your mobile gives you alerts...
Here are few project ideas in Power Electronics - Performance evaluation of bridgeless pfc boost rectifiers Control of chaos by resonant parametri perturbation in a current mode controlled buck-boost dc-dc...
Looks like Apple has decided to do 'something' about the iPhone4 antenna problem than telling people the right way to hold the device. Apple is hiring 8 antenna engineers and...
Meaning: to wish or yearn for something persistently Use: She still had a hankering to renew her relationship with the senior who had passed out of high school. ------------------------------------------------- Reply...
Meaning: thin, bony, angular, barren Usage: His once-round face looked surprisingly gaunt after he had lost weight. --------------------------------------------------------- Reply to this post by composing a sentence using this word. :smile:...