Final Year Engineering Project: Geo-Targeted Advertising

Geo-targeted advertising is a concept used by many leading advertisement serving providers. The concept revolves around providing location aware advertisements to the user. That means, if your website visitor is from USA, the system should pick up advertisements targeted at US visitors. If your visitor is from Malaysia, then the system should deliver advertisement specifically targeted for Malaysian users.

The overall setup would be like this -

1. The central server accepts advertisements in the form of image banners of specific size.
2. The advertiser specifies the location which he intends to target.
3. Advertiser also specifies how long he wants the advertisement to be displayed, how many visitors and other factors.
4. The system provides a login to publisher as well.
5. Once the publisher creates account, he/she is presented with a small snippet of code which can be embedded in any site.
6. The code snippet will determine the website's visitor's location using IP address or other mechanisms and deliver the relevant advertisement.

The whole model can be deployed in a small network of computers. 😀 If you need help in developing this idea further, ask your specific questions in this thread. 😀

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Bluetooth remote control for servo motor, I believe would be incredibly useful in in robotics projects. Instead of using traditional technologies, why not utilize the power of bluetooth? You may...
1. With his sub-four minute mile Bannister broke a psychological barrier, and inspired thousands of others to attempt to overcome seemingly ____ hurdles. A. insurmountable 
B. inane 
C. trivial 
D....
Everyone loves facts,which are totally (astonishing) and new. Here post a interesting fact atleast daily,and lets have our own factoscope.😎
I have heard a lot about how some companies have very tough aptitude tests, while others have very difficult technical interview rounds? From what I know best, Google's recruitment process...
21st century life!