Final Year CS Project Idea: Related Photo Finder

Project Idea: I think project idea could be incredibly useful if developed by someone from our community.

I'm talking about developing a service that will accept a photograph; analyze it and find photographs related to the original photograph. Let me elaborate a bit more on this idea:-

Let's say I'm visiting Taj Mahal for the first time and I have no one to guide. I take a picture of the Taj and upload it to our web service. The web service then analyzes our uploaded photograph, identifies that it is the Taj Mahal and then searches the web for more Taj Mahal photographs that might be useful to me.

This is a crude idea; but can be very useful. Anyone wants to add to it?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This is indeed a superb idea.
    I think there are very few applications where in we take photograph of some thing and it searches for it's information on the web.

But, there is a large scope for development in this sector.
    For e.g: If the photograph that we have is unclear or blurred, we should be able to search different images of the same thing, so that we can choose a higher resolution image.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    AbraKaDabra
    But, there is a large scope for development in this sector.
    For e.g: If the photograph that we have is unclear or blurred, we should be able to search different images of the same thing, so that we can choose a higher resolution image.
    Yep, that's one of the challenges the developers of this idea will have to tackle. Yes, there's a large scope of development and it in turn could lead to more new ideas.

Others - why not add your inputs, new ideas about this idea 😁
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    #-Link-Snipped-#

There is already such a service.. The only problem is, the amount of pages indexed by this site is limited, and so, you can get only limited number of results.

This has proved very useful to me in some online treasure hunts and quizzes where we have a picture as a clue and have to find something about the picture 😀
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    wow thanks for link ss
    now it would help me too
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Amazing 😀 , now the challenge could be how to improve this search engine.
  • varnakumar
    varnakumar
    goyal420
    wow thanks for link ss
    now it would help me too
    its is a reverse image search engine, a web-based image search engine to use image identification technology.Ex:tineye.com

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This concept has been developed, by Bose Audio (not sure though), but I think there's still lot of scope for improvement. The idea is to develop earphone that will cancel...
Deliver Seminar Effectively: One of the important tasks in any engineering student's life is to deliver a seminar on a topic or project. The seminars are useful in presenting newer...
Let us first decide aim of this project 1:-App will consists of a Quiz which which will calculate the passion of individuals towards Engineering on basis of his answer and...
Anybody out there taken/planning/thinking about GMAT?? If yes I think we can share strategies... I am planning to take it in March and under preparation.
I'm not sure what's exactly gone wrong with Digg. The world's one of the most popular content sharing websites is now going down the hill. The traffic is going down...