file-system mounting

Please help in the interpretation of a line from GALVIN:

"A system may obscure the directory's existing files until the file system is unmounted, terminating the use of the file system and allowing access to the original files in that directory."

Does it mean that the files under the file system would still be available but the mechanism of the on-line access to the files would be lost i.e.,the file system would not be available?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi everyone I m Btech ECE student graduating in 2011. I have admit from UTA for MS computer Engg. in Fall 2011 (Gre-1100, Toefl-95) And also I am placed in...
Is there any good institute for MS in india after btech... Everyone prefer gre and do it from abroad..😒
I'm making a PID controller using a PIC18F452 in C. signed int pid_error; short ProportionalGain; short IntegralGain; short DerivitiveGain; double AccumError; short LastError; short TotalGain; signed int pid_output; unsigned char...
i need the circuit of 1.2G wireless rf transmitter and receiver circuit.. please help me as soon as possible guys.. its kind of urgent.. I'm also trying for it...
The Quick Response code seems to be getting popular around our place too. I remember getting curious about this square with random little squares in it that was seen at...