Feedback on the CE Bulletin

CEans,

We send updates from the CE World to all our members through CE Bulletin. Currently, we send the updates to everyone who is registered on CE. That is, you don't have to subscribe to the bulletin separately.

Today, one of our members requested for removal of his id from the mailing list.

I'd like to know if we should setup a separate 'subscription' page for the CE Bulletin so that only those who specially subscribe to the bulletin receive it? Do you think we are spamming the users by sending the updates once or at the most, twice every month?

Please post your suggestions/feedback & comments.

Replies

• Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Today, one of our members requested for removal of his id from the mailing list.
    Its very sad that a person has requested to remove his name from being told about the most wonderful happenings on CE. But having said that, I think its important to empower our members and give them a choice whether they really want to be updated about whats happening.

I think now the forum demands the separate registration for the bulletin subscription. For the new registrations, we can add this as an optional check box.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    But make the check box enabled by default πŸ˜‰

It's not spam, but we should give the option for users whether they want to receive updates or not. Other than that, its not much of an issue. What I can suggest to CEans who receive lots of e-mails is to filter posts from Crazy Engineers into a separate section / folder in the inbox πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, we send the messages in plaintext format so they don't do any harm 😁 . Well, I'm not sure if bulletin is very useful. But yes, its a very good way to reach all our members.

After reading your replies, I'm thinking it makes sense to setup a separate subscription page for newsletter [bulletin]. But then, we won't be able to get in touch with our members who registered long ago and never came back.
  • kedarjk
    kedarjk
    Only one subscriber has said something like this. What about others?
    If everybody is okay with getting mails from CE, then no need to change the things, I think so.
    Can't you just remove that member from CEbulletin's list?
    That will be better option I guess.
  • gohm
    gohm
    I agree with this option

ash
    But make the check box enabled by default πŸ˜‰

It's not spam, but we should give the option for users whether they want to receive updates or not. Other than that, its not much of an issue. What I can suggest to CEans who receive lots of e-mails is to filter posts from Crazy Engineers into a separate section / folder in the inbox πŸ˜€
  • rohitkumar3004
    rohitkumar3004
    yes😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've been doubting if its really the 'under performance' thing that's responsible for lay offs. Now I know for sure, its NOT under performance. Its just the early sign of...
You will soon be able to read the news papers that your grand fathers read when they were a kid. Yes, Google, who never gives up on expanding its searchable...
Hey I need to make a lifting mechanism for a ladderway on a catapiller truck on a mine.It cant be hydrolic.plzz i need ideas
Alright these are very simple and actually very stupid riddles. But lets see how soon can you crack them. Six glasses are in a row. The first three are full...
Hi All, From last 2-3 days I'm facing a problem with my desktop. I have installed WinXP and Linux on my machine. After starting the machine, if I start using...