Fedora 19, Codename : Schrodinger's Cat (features)

In hardly 10 days of Fedora 18 : Spherical Cow release, the Fedora 19 a.k.a Schrodinger's Cat's features & upcoming changes has been proposed in official website.

1) GCC 4.8 : The latest GNU Compiler Collection will be releasing on April of this year will be added in Fedora 19.

2) Ruby 2.0.0 : Ruby language will be added into Schrodinger's Cat,Ruby 2.0.0 has speed improvements alongwith backward compatibility with Ruby 1.9

3) PyXML : PyXML's been dead since many years, it'll be removed in next distro.

4) EarlyVideo : Earlyvideo is Opensource video streaming server which supports streaming of Flash,SetTopBox,Android & iPad platforms. As written in Erlang language sometimes it's referred as Erlvideo.

5) MariaDB : Red Hat is planning of replacing mySQL with MariaDB, mySQl will be available in Fedora repositories in Schrodinger's Cat but in Fedora 20 it will be totally removed.So,Fedora servers likely to get time to switch over MySQL.Anyhow, this news aren't cent percent sure .

"Fedora : Schrodinger's Cat -- is the name most voted over : Loch Ness Monster, Martian Blueberries,Higgs Boson,Newtonian Dynamics,Cubical Calf,Tidalik & Parabolic Potassium"

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Schrodinger's Cat is so well-known as the victim of a cruel thought experiment, that there is no need to explain further - although it is worth pointing out that Schrodinger actually liked cats.
    So Fedora 19 is most rigorously tested release😉
    Here is voting stats:
    Votes :: Name
    ----------------------------
    1876 :: Schrödinger's Cat
    1620 :: Higgs Boson
    1012 :: Tiddalik
    960 :: Loch Ness Monster
    907 :: Newtonian Dynamics
    892 :: Martian Blueberries
    722 :: Parabolic Potassium
    595 :: Cubical Calf😨

The Naming Of Operating Systems - Fedora 19 Is Schrodinger's Cat
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Wait, Fedora 18: Miracle release? Alan Cox doesn't agree!

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Spherical Cow : Worst Red Hat OS?
    Maybe.. 'cuz many people are complaining about new installation method & plenty amount of bugs.
    I will still try this distribution, but reviews made me sad 😔
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Update : Fedora 19 Alpha will be available for all from 23rd April.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Update : Fedora 19 Beta has been Released today.
    Here's long list of new features that are included : Releases/19/FeatureList - Fedora Project Wiki
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    GCC 4.8 sounds good. And again new Anaconda UI? I hope they didn't changed it too much!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

== Also - Happy 50th comic to us 😁 Thank you, CE and CEians for the support!
OS – Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean 1.2 Ghz dual processor Cellular network – Dual SIM GSM and 3G Display – 5-inch WVGA Form factor and weight – lighter than the...
DREAM:IN is an organization that is claimed to be designed on transforming youth from being mere consumers of income and employment to becoming creators of income and employment. With the...
My name is Hamidu Majala. Iam college student takin IT course. I knew this forum when I was googling and I found myself loving it, so its my pleasure to...
Hi Can anyone guide as to where to find NED tutorial as i have to make my project in omnet++ and for that it is required?