Feb- 28 Days why?

Why February have 28 days why not some other months?

Replies

• Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    i asked you that question. it seems that you don't have the answer.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    A year consists of 365.25 (approximately) days,so every 4 years - a day will be added.(leap year)

But why February ?
    Well,you have to go back in time & ask romans, 'cuz they were the one who developed calendar.
    Genius People Of Zeus !! 😛
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    There is a story behind this, dating back to the time when these months were actually created:

now each month gets its name from a roman God or emperor.

for example January got its name from the two-faced greek God called "Janus".

The emperor Julius Caesar lent his name to the month "july".

his nephew Augustus lent his name to the month "august".

now it so happened that starting from January , which has 31 days, the next consecutive month had to have just 30 days, and this order was to repeated for all the months.

So thus when this fashion was followed July ended up with 30 days while August had 31.

So hence to show respect to the emperor, (since his "month" had one day short), a day was borrowed from February and given to "july".

thus now the emperor and his nephew now became equal.

but originally february had 30 days, and since it lost one day to august, it now has 29
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Great... Didn't know that earlier. Thanks for this information.
    😀
  • Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    After this i got this on wikipedia
    Month Months In Various Calendars

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Joachin Kempin ex-VP of Windows sales at Microsoft from 1983 to 2003 claimed in an interview with IGN that "Microsoft only entered console market because Sony refused to work with...
(Sent by friend Asif Adheni) Nicéphore Niépce was the French inventor of photography. His present day countryman Nicolas Chorier has invented an eco-friendly way for astounding aerial photography. Here are...
what are the demanding courses now a days for ece students for doing m.tech and other short term courses which is helpful to enter in acore electronics company
i am B.E 6th sem(CS) student . can anyone plzzz sugest me for minor project...with discription.... using java but xcpt managment project.
If you're not a fan of typical bollywood movies and want a movie that keeps you engaged from the start to the end, intervals included; I'd recommend watching the latest...