Fault Detection Technics at Electronic Cards

Fault Detection Technics at Electronic Cards:

1. Using Oscilloscope:
Advantage: Used actively in order to control frequency values and signals.
Disadvantage: In case of power supply faults, damaged power circuit, or short circuit; supplying power to the card may cause to aggravate the problem and may cause more components to get damaged. It does not measure the value of components.

2. Using Multimeter:
Advantage: Resistance and diode is measured without supplying power to the card.
Disadvantage: Voltage value applied to the card at resistance degree is lower than 0.5 V. It is about 2V at measuring diode. For this reason, it is not possible to determine the faulty components at many points. Measuring only one value at touched point makes to determine the fault difficult. Values of some components can not be measured because of the influence of some other components on the card. For example, if resistor and capacitor are parallel, it can not measure the capacitor value or shows a false value.

3. Using Current-Voltage (VI) Test Device:
Advantage: Applies a signal to the touched point without supplying power to the card, and compose current-voltage graph. It provides great advantage by composing the graph of touched point at –5V + 5V and at higher voltages and activatingconduction at diodes; and eases finding faults since it reveals reverse-voltage leakages.
Disadvantage: Some of the VI devices do not have the feature of measuring the values of components. Most of the models do not have oscilloscope feature. When needed, oscilloscope or multi-meter should exist besides VI test device. Since VI test devices with cathode-tube are huge and heavy, they can not be carried easily. It causes problems for especially travelling technical services.

4. Ideal Solution: Using FADOS7F1:
Advantages:
1. FADOS7F1 has all the advantageous features of the mentioned devices, and more. It is a double-channel VI Test device, and all graphs are composed at 2.5 mV sensitivity and by taking 720 different measurements of voltage-current. For this reason, it is very sensitive.
2. At VI Test, by the help of memory feature, it is possible to save the features of solid card to memory and then, to compare with the faulty card sensitively.
3. In order to lower the loss of time during test procedure, it sounds different at compatible and incompatible points. By this way, you can major in the card and make the comparison quickly without any need to look at the card and/or screen steadily.

If you want to learn more details about FADOS7F1, you can search "Fault detection protarge" on web.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Good Analysis and Nice Post mate.
  • everett.pattison
    everett.pattison
    Exact information can be found at #-Link-Snipped-#

He is using the site as advertisement, I would recommend removing this thread.
  • ProTR&D
    ProTR&D
    Dear everett.pattison;

Many people dont have experiment to find faulty of electronic cards. I give an objective information about this subject. And I think; I present an ideal solution subject. It is a discussion forum, if you have another an ideal solution, you can share it. If you want you can write other trades and equality is provided. 😀

'This product works Windows XP, Windows 7 or vista'. It is an advertisment, isn't it? At time, sentences of related windows are microsft company's advertisement, it needs to remove from all forums.
  • everett.pattison
    everett.pattison
    I suppose I was a little harsh with my statements.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Which companies offer summer training or summer internship in Nagpur?
Which companies offer summer internship to third or final year students in Mumbai? Let's make a list of all those companies.
Which companies provide summer internship for computer science and IT engineers in Hyderabad? How to apply for summer internship in those companies?
I want to know about the phones. Which cell phone is more better? BlackBerry or the HTC phones? Well, it completely depends on what work we want to do using...
Which companies offer summer internship for computer and IT engineers in Delhi? What is the application procedure?