CrazyEngineers
  • Hii for all Crazy Engineers here

i'm builing a CNC Software using Parallel Port to Interface steppers... how can i make a fast switching - 3 MHZ for example-on the parallel port. i mean Send around 3000 Pulse Per Second.... is that applicable ?? as i know i can transfere 1.5 Mega/s using the parallel port

also how can i send binary file through the Parallel port ?

if there's any resources plz feed me back with its place to read and know more about that

thanks!
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • xheavenlyx

MemberJul 22, 2007

Here a few links to help you out on the basics, if you know this then well and good:

<a href="https://www.epanorama.net/circuits/parallel_output.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">Parallel port output</a> : A very detailed look into the Port basics and programming.

#-Link-Snipped-# : Excellent explanation for LPT on Win NT/XP.

#-Link-Snipped-# : The Debug program to test your parallel port with LED

#-Link-Snipped-# : One of the best.

HOWEVERRR,

as i know i can transfere 1.5 Mega/s using the parallel port
    1.5Mega / s I guess is MEGABITS. If its Megabits then you have 1.5 mil bits per second! That more than enough compared to your 3000 pulses per second. That is if you count one bit as one pulse 😀

I think if you are planning to make a CNC then search for similar projects on hackaday.com and engadget.com and instructables.com and maybe google.

By looking at other examples you will have an idea about the interfacing method and datarate calculations.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register