Fast Parallel Port Switching

Hii for all Crazy Engineers here

i'm builing a CNC Software using Parallel Port to Interface steppers... how can i make a fast switching - 3 MHZ for example-on the parallel port. i mean Send around 3000 Pulse Per Second.... is that applicable ?? as i know i can transfere 1.5 Mega/s using the parallel port

also how can i send binary file through the Parallel port ?

if there's any resources plz feed me back with its place to read and know more about that

thanks!

Replies

• xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Here a few links to help you out on the basics, if you know this then well and good:

Parallel port output : A very detailed look into the Port basics and programming.

#-Link-Snipped-# : Excellent explanation for LPT on Win NT/XP.

#-Link-Snipped-# : The Debug program to test your parallel port with LED

#-Link-Snipped-# : One of the best.

HOWEVERRR,

as i know i can transfere 1.5 Mega/s using the parallel port
    1.5Mega / s I guess is MEGABITS. If its Megabits then you have 1.5 mil bits per second! That more than enough compared to your 3000 pulses per second. That is if you count one bit as one pulse ๐Ÿ˜€

I think if you are planning to make a CNC then search for similar projects on hackaday.com and engadget.com and instructables.com and maybe google.

By looking at other examples you will have an idea about the interfacing method and datarate calculations.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, I wonder if we've discussed such a problem on CE. I'm sure we've lots of motorcycle enthusiasts here. My motorcycle sports a nice Disk Brake. Unfortunately, it has stopped...
Here is a series, can anyone find the next string of the series below? 1 11 21 1211 111221 ? Regards, CEAN ๐Ÿ˜€.
๐Ÿ˜ Wishing many happy returns of the day to CrazyBoy ๐Ÿ˜ May you continue to Rock It's been a long time since you visited, where are you? ๐Ÿ˜• -The Big...
Hi, I am doing my final year diploma in engineering robotics. Kindly guide me for my final year project. I want to do it in robotics. Please tell me which...
Hi guys FRom Singapore currently working in an MNC, please to meet you all!๐Ÿ˜