Failure of brakes

Here is an interesting question !
Suppose you are driving a typical 4 wheeler car on a plain road at speed of 60 kmph and you suddenly understand that brakes of car have failed.
What all things will you do ? Justify your answer(s).

--Differential

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Here's what I'd do -

1. Say to myself "What the H-E-C-K".
    2. Press the clutch and lower the gear by 1. Thus reducing the speed of the vehicle.
    3. Control the steering wheel to prevent the car from colliding with other big objects on road.
    4. Repeat #2 & #3 until the car comes to stop.
    5. Thank God for saving my life.
  • Differential
    Differential
    wow ! Here is what I would do !

1) Apply hand brake
    2) Keep pressing and unpressing main brake all the time.
    3) Switch to lower gear by pressing clucth (Makeing sure that clutch is in disengaged state for least possible time)
    4) take care of vehicle not colliding over anything.
    5) Repeate step 3 till vehicle is on 1st gear and then letting it in engaged condition.
    6) Switch ON/OFF the main lights.

--Differential
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Guys, first thing you gotta do is turn your hazard lights on! lol. How are the other road users going to know you are in trouble?

Yep, its good to reduce gear. This is called "engine braking", used in modern automatic cars when going downhill.

Personally, i'd only use the handbrake when I've slowed down to around 20 km/h, rather than at 60 😛

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi!!! i am making an automatic smart light system. i want to give the webcam output to the microcontroller. but i dnt want to use a computer. my proff suggested...
here i am going to give you one suggestion.. is it possible to Set CE conference at the Top of the site rather than set to bottom... at every time...
hi, myself nayana, i m studying 7 sem B.E. in information science branch. In the next sem we have to do project but i m not getting any idea about...
I am having a hard time looking for a feasible sensor for a contact event. Could someone give a suggestion? the sensor will activate if some object created contact with...
I hope this forum could be useful to me and any engineers out there. BTW, I am currently a student studying Computer Engineering. Have a pleasant day!