Facing Dilemma Over my future career prospects

Hi guys, right now i'm doing mechanical engineering 3rd year at malla reddy engineering college at hyderabad. Right now i'm facing a huge dilemma of whether to continue my studies further or go into my dad's business which is basically injection moulding of household articles. I've got interest in the business and also want to continue my studies. I was an excellent student till my Inter but just lost track during the engineering and woke up now with 3 semesters to go. I got aggregate of around 67% till now and i'm sure of boosting up it to atleast 73-75%. So what do you guys suggest me to do ? Continue with higher studies or business. My dad has actually lost interest in making me study after seeing my grades go down during the recent years. So he's just waiting for me to finish the 4th and then get me into his business. He actually now emotionally asks this questions like "i'm planning for expansion and i'm only gonna do it if you will get into the business after the studies" what i'm a supposed to answer to that.

Replies

• Pechu
    Pechu
    Higher studies, you can do it anytime as you wish.

But satisfying your dad, you should it do it right away. When he requests in such a way, you must help him in business. 😎 and try to finish your current studies with an aggregate of 70+

Cheers.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    This is what I will do in the situation::

You said you got some interest in business , so I will complete the current studies and join my the business!!

Why to complete studies: This is not needed if you are confident enough in business , you can write the exams by studying one- day!!

Dude , If you jump into business you will learn many many things!!

So join it..
  • coolsanghi
    coolsanghi
    hey guys appreciate your replies. I'm sure i will join business. but i'm not sure whether it's gonna be my dad's. So i was thinking of going for higher studies and start later a company of my own (These are thoughts and not even sure abou this). So what do you suggest ?
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    I would suggest have confidence in your abilities and follow your heart because if you get involved in any of the options and do hardwork you will suceed as all the options are good but it comes down to what charms you the most..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

[Youtube]1hrWjkn_DHs[/Youtube] Norwegian authorities are investigating strange lights seen in the arctic sky. The spiraling white light was seen for several minutes on Wednesday morning.
Hello Guys and Gals, sorry for being here after a long time. Yesterday i was wandering over the net and suddenly i got a blazing speed of 2.18 Mbps for...
The second offering in the Twilight Saga, New Moon is releasing today The movie has raised great popularity all over the world and has turned into a rage Here is...
A nice story I received in a forward mail... Once upon a time, there was an island where all the feelings lived: Happiness, Sadness, Knowledge, and all of the others,...
Hi...Am working as a instrumentation engineer for Power & Cement Plant design/Detail engg. But i need to go to O&G field.What's diff. b/w power / o&g engg.what r the new...