Facebook would help removing malware from system.

Facebook recently launched a feature that allows user to lock their FB aascount and perform virus, malware check if user suspects that their computer are infected.

The motive is to stop the spam and malicious messages that have been sent from a compromised accounts by malware. The infected accounts will be temporarily locked down and the account user would be asked to go through a multi-step recovery process that would involves downloading and running a malware scanner - McAfee Scan and Repair.

The malware checkpoint will allow FB users to also act proactively to identify a threatt.

-CB

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I wonder whether Facebook can really check people's systems through browser. That'd raise even more eyebrows at Facebook. But this could be very interesting! 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi!!! I am Sara Rengifo. I am from Colombia. I have been in USA for two years. I have been studying English during this time. At the moment I am...
Oracle had acquired Involver; a social marketing firm. This is Oracle's third deal in three months in socail marketing area. In may they bought Virtue - a social media engagement...
If all the civil and structural engineers are given a chance to build the most efficient transportation solutions for a city (i.e. designing everything from scratch), what would the ideal...
I am making a project where i use a DC motor to move a load of 100kg fitted over 2 wheels one front and other rear. The DC motor will...
​ It has often been a problem is many smartphones regarding the weak GPS signal reception. Garmin comes up with a new gadget to empower the GPS signals via their...