Facebook through SMS not safe?

If you thought your status messages on the social networking site, Facebook, can only be updated by you or somebody who has actually hacked into your account, you need to think again. A serious vulnerability in Facebook's security allows anybody who has your mobile phone number to not only change status messages, but also add or delete friends, send out private messages to other users and upload or change profile pictures.

Read more:-#-Link-Snipped-#
PS:-Yes now i can also do this 😀

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This is a really important warning.
    I know a lot of people who use Facebook Mobile SMS Facilty to share status updates.
    The flaw can be abused in various ways!
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    ​

Thank you for sharing this Goyal.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Well, as someone said in the link, if you can send sms under a false number, a lot more damage can be done than mere facebook account hacking..
    So, I think the real issue to be addressed is sms-spoofing.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Guys I want this section to be alive again.I have seen that this section is almost dead. Please give some time to this section too. How about making a small...
Hi, to all friends.. Actually i want to gain my skills in communication.Please tell me how can i become fluent in english and increase my vocab..
a candidate appearing for an examinations has to secure 40% marks to pass paper 1.But he secured only 40 marks & failed by 20 marks. What is the maximum mark...
a sports dealer bought 2000hockey sticks for Rs 350 each.10%of them were found to be defective and unfit to be sold.At what price should he sell the remaining to get...
iDea cellular is one of the leading network providers in India to introduce Mobile Number Portability. The company has already launched a campaign to attract non-idea mobile subscribers to idea....