Facebook Messenger Free / Discounted On Airtel & Reliance

Facebook has partnered with Airtel & Reliance Communications to offer free or discounted access to the Facebook messenger. Under this partnership, the telecom network providers will have a special data plan for Facebook messenger.

With the messaging now costing lesser money than earlier and having all their contacts on Facebook, I think the service that will take a biggest blow by this move from Facebook is WhatsApp - a similar messaging service that relies only on data plan and eliminates the SMS costs.

This is not the first time Facebook's done the trick. It had offered #-Link-Snipped-# for new friend referrals.

Would be interesting to see how Whatsapp responds.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Its difficult to find fonts for free commercial use.So here's a link to one of them https://www.google.com/webfonts From their FAQ: Can I use the Web Fonts API on any page?...
Hi everyone, I am an architecture student and I am researching civil engineering. I have been having trouble finding an engineer to interview for my paper. so i was hoping...
Hello, My name is Sameer Khateeb. I am Sr. embedded Engineer.
This thread is to discuss the highlights, profit, burden of the budget on the common man (aka mango people) of India. Your reviews please?
Hello sir. I am from Electrical and Electronics branch. I am in need of suggestion whether studying embedded system course will be good ? Some says that being i am...