Facebook Job Board -> Facebook Vs. LinkedIn War?

Facebook did perfectly well on the social side of communication. But the moment it wants to enter the professional side of the communications between people - LinkedIn not going to 'like' it for sure. The rumors are spreading on the Internet that Facebook's working on a job board and that'll directly rival the largest professional network: LinkedIn.

The board will aggregate job feeds from popular job boards like JobVite, Branchout and others.

Do you think Facebook will eventually build a job board? Would you like your future employers to watch you partying with your friends and make their decisions based on it? 😁

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I am not sure how successful Facebook would be on professional network arena.

However, one thing is sure that Linked-in, that is ruling the professional network area since long time may definitely face some serious challenges after Facebook's jumping in there den.

-CB
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    As a future employer (*dreamy eyes*) I think Facebook Job Board is already making me feel dizzy. In actual life, most people can't draw a line between their personal and professional lives. And end up screwing both. And going by the current scenario, people are surely hiding their Facebook profiles from employers. Directly linking it to your job search seems like a terrible idea in my opinion. If we take a poll here, most CEans would not want their FB Profile to be converted into a CV. So, for now I think LinkedIn is safe. 👀

Will FB be able to keep photos, videos, status updates separate from the professional part of this application?
    Well, that remains to be seen.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's totally interesting. I'd start a new poll right away 😉
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    In actual life, most people can't draw a line between their personal and professional lives.
    👍

In recent trend people started adding their friends on Glassdoor app on Facebook which is collecting data who has worked, working particular organization. I don't think its a good idea.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ianoop
    👍

In recent trend people started adding their friends on Glassdoor app on Facebook which is collecting data who has worked, working particular organization. I don't think its a good idea.
    I am actually fed up of the frequent BranchOut and GlassDoor requests. Should block those apps soon. 😡

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

When CE started, I thought the world spoke English and adopting it for the sake of all the communication here on CE would bring us lot of engineers. Lately, I've...
Sir i hardly have no idea regarding Smart Notice Board! But i think if i do my final year project on it will also be useful for my college. is...
​Torrents have always been difficult to manage as they must be seeded time and time again to keep them healthy. A torrent download must pass through a secondary gateway on...
Q. Draw an Elephant. Answer: Very simple - without making any assumptions, you see. Here's the elephant drawn -
Does wearing a tie in an interview by a fresher over-emphasize the formal wear? DO we look desperate that way? **Asked by a friend of me.. The_Big_K: Your views on...