Facebook introduces privacy features

Facebook is introducing privacy features to all its members [ currently 350 million! ]

Facebook CEO's open letter -

We’re adding something that many of you have asked for — the ability to control who sees each individual piece of content you create or upload. In addition, we’ll also be fulfilling a request made by many of you to make the privacy settings page simpler by combining some settings. If you want to read more about this, we began discussing this plan back in July.

Since this update will remove regional networks and create some new settings, in the next couple of weeks we’ll ask you to review and update your privacy settings. You’ll see a message that will explain the changes and take you to a page where you can update your settings. When you’re finished, we’ll show you a confirmation page so you can make sure you chose the right settings for you. As always, once you’re done you’ll still be able to change your settings whenever you want.

We’ve worked hard to build controls that we think will be better for you, but we also understand that everyone’s needs are different. We’ll suggest settings for you based on your current level of privacy, but the best way for you to find the right settings is to read through all your options and customize them for yourself. I encourage you to do this and consider who you’re sharing with online.

Replies

• sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Was much wanted feature in the social networking giant

Great step

Will attract more traffic indeed

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, We need more of you to share the latest news with the rest of us through our CE InFocus section. The InFocus section is meant for all the tech-related...
Source: Engadget Less than a day after GE consolidated ownership of NBC Universal in preparation to spin it off and sell a controlling stake to Comcast, CNBC is reporting that...
Quoted from Microsoft's Blog:- We’ve received questions about public reports that customers might be experiencing system issues with the November Security Updates (which some are referring to “Black Screen” issues)....
😒 hi every body can anybody tell me where i can get projects in java core programming?
Hi, Can anyone help me in understanding design of o-rings. what are the parameters which need to be known for designing the gland/groove for an o-ring Thank you.